Posts by mgostin

I think $3.50 - $3.75 - only because you are using strawberries which is a fresh and expensive ingredient which you are then transforming into your own preserve. Also the frosting is ganache which uses white chocolate and cream which are also expensive. However instead of guessing the price it is always important to work out the exact cost per a cupcake and then a general food pricing is times the expense by 5.
milkmaid42 - do you find the sheen stays? do you get a gloss that is permanent or does it just dry up in a couple of hours? thank you!
wow! thats super great! you did a mighty fine job! :)
hello!   i have seen isomalt be used to make faux bling such as diamonds etc on cake. when doing the quilted pattern using pearl coloured cachous/dragees at each X point adds beautiful detail and shine. good luck!
hello!   super cute bear. Your best to use modelling chocolate or gumpaste as they are much easier to work with when making figurines. the body and arms can be rolled and simply attached together with edible glue or ater as they will have the weight of the board to rest on. However, the head is suspended and also on a slight angle. The best thing to do is to make the head a few days in advance by creating the shape, and adding the details while it is a little...
Hello!   I have never used textured sheets with wilton candy melts and not entirely sure how it would work as they are not like a chocolate mould. I imagine if you wanted to texture the candy melts you would have to spread it thin and press the textured sheet into the spread of candy melts while they are at that perfect stage of not to dry that it wont imprint - or to cool that it just melts. maybe you should try using fondant or gum paste for the texture sheets as...
Hello!   In the past when I have made a gift box i actually roll out a thick piece of fondant to about 1cm or .40 inches thick. I roll it out wide enough that it drapes over the top of the square cake about 1/3 way down the sides. I then smooth the top and corners, making sure this is all stuck down. You also want to make sure that it is stuck down along the sides longer then your desired lid hang over length.   I then run a sharp blade around the side and cut of...
Hello!   in issue 117 of Cakes and **********s magazine they did St Edwards Crown and have a step by step instruction guide as to how to make a a really cool traditional 'kings' crown - if you can get a copy of it, it would be useful however they do use fondant and gum paste to make it
I would  do at least a minimum of $8.50 per a cupcake and then offer a bulk discount if they order 10 pairs or so (20 cupcakes so then go down to $8) they are a lot of work and use expensive ingredients! 
Hello!   how many tiers are your wedding cakes? If they are above 2 tiers - I would suggest you put the first two tiers together before delivery and then set up the remaining tiers at the venue. It is much easier to drive and carry a two tier cake rather then a three tier unless the tiers are very small (I.e 8", 7", 6")    for the buttercream you should refrigerate it before delivery if its going to be hot and then make sure your air con is on full blast as cars...