Posts by SilverVeil

When you guys post what you would charge, could you also post where you are located please?  I'm curious about the pricing for different regions...
I've been doing cakes for family and close friends who I pretty much consider to be family, so I've never really 'charged' for my cakes.  Now that I am branching out a bit I am having a horrible time trying to figure out what to charge for my cakes.  At heart I am too much of a cheapskate to ever pay for a cake :)  I recently saw a cake on here that was perfect for what I needed and tried my hand at copying it.  It came out fairly well.  My problem is that the picture...
I'm looking for some info, and you guys on here are generally the most helpful cake people I know of Let me just start this off by saying this is NOT something I care to do and I have heavily advised my client against this, but she is insisting. She has asked for a small two tiered cake for her son's 1 st birthday and it needs fondant details. Our dilema comes in with the fact I will be moving right when she needs her cake. I initially declined the cake because of...