Posts by kimagination

Interesting. I have been curious about cocoa butter, but have never used it. It's definitely something I will keep in mind. Your flames look perfect! I was making a space cake (because I really liked the picture in a book). I am pretty happy with how it turned out (its my most recent picture in my gallery).   I am REALLY enjoying what it can do already and I am just starting so I am hoping to learn a lot! You tube has been super helpful and I was lent a couple books that...
I sort of had to do both. My black gel colour was only making the fondant go dark purple. Maybe with time it would have gotten darker, but I am impatient (its just a cake for me). So I used the fondant, but had to airbrush it a little blacker, which wasn't too bad. It didn't take long to dry. I have my first and second coats of white on now, its getting there :) I have to say that before I got my airbrush, I didn't even know white food colour existed - it has been fun...
I am making myself a cake with a black background, so last night I did a bit of experimenting with fondant. The first round I used black fondant and airbrushed my scene onto it, turned out pretty well. The second round I used white fondant, airbrushed black and then painted my scene on that. Personally I like the way the white went onto the black fondant better, less coats, but I like the way the airbrushed black scene turned out, more. I was just curious as to what other...
The comparison didint come out like i hoped above.FONDANT5c marshmallows7c powdered sugar+ shorteningRICE KRISPIE SQ.5 marshmallows7c rice krispies+butter
Hello, Ive never posted before, but yesterday when I was making a batch of rice krispies for my cake (I added an extra cup of RK to make them stronger) and I had made marshmellow fondant the day before, I realized that the two recipes are almost identical except different methods are used. (Butter melted = shortening for kneading). I felt like TA-DA. FONDANT RICE KRISPIE SQ.5c Marshmallows 5c Marshmallows7c Powedered Sugar ...