Posts by javajammer

I'll definitely make sure to do that. I've never done the messy look with buttercream only ganache. I would rather use SMBC, because it's not too sweet and just plain yummy. How off white did your cake look in the photos? Her dress isn't white and she wants the cake to match. The pictures I posted look more like ABC. Most of my cakes are covered in fondant.
Has anyone had luck using SMBC on "messy" iced cakes? I'm doing a wedding soon, but I can't decide which icing to use on the outside. I've always used SMBC except on children's cakes when parents have chosen that option. Here are a few examples of messy iced cakes.    
Thanks! I'll head out and get the sps system today.
I was thinking of doing two cakes stacked, but with a foam core board between them. I would ice them to look like one tier. This way I could cut the top cake first. I hope this makes since.
I'll probably do a barrel cake for the 10 inch (In the picture it looks like one). That will give me 90 servings, and I can always make the grooms cake a little larger.
Thanks! I thought the top and bottom tiers looked wider. I totally forgot to tell you the 12 inch will be a dummy. I guess I should've had that second cup of coffee before jumping on here. I know this sounds dumb, but would you use any type of support system in the bottom tier? This will be my first time using a faux tier.
Would you use any support system in a faux tier? I'm making a 6,8,10,12 (12 being dummy).
She needs around 120, but she wants the tiers to look like the pic. She's not worried about having to many servings, since she'll have company in town (she said they are sweet heads). There will be a small grooms cake that will feed around 20-30.
Oh my, sorry...lol
The bride sent me this wedding cake pic. I'm not sure if it is 2 inch differences (6,8,10,12) or 3 inch.