Posts by belle04

The recipe is on the second page, second or third post down on this same thread. It's a great recipe and I'm choosing to use that for all of my cakes now!  
Up until now I've only used a shortening only recipe. Would using her recipe of half shortening and half butter require keeping the cake in the fridge after it's decorated? I know in her tutorial she said she let it in the fridge to set up a little, but once it's decorated do I need to keep it in the fridge because of the butter? Right now it's winter in my area so we keep my house at around 72-73. The last time I made a butter based frosting in the spring, it melted...
Thanks guys- I had no idea what this would be like so all the expertise and experience has been amazing. I'm thinking I might make the recipe that was shared last and just change out the flour and let everyone know what is in it by including a list of ingredients. However, I might tell my friend that I'll also make some other treat that everyone can have so that the allergy-kids don't feel like I made something only for them and they have to eat something completely...
A friend of mine always gives me cupcake orders for her daughter's school classroom- up until now it has not mattered because it was preschool and I guess no one had allergies. Now, she's in kindergarten and there are a ton of allergies in the classroom for school. I use an altered WASC recipe, I think but can adapt for her, I just don't know how! Here is the list of allergies for this year....the next order she wants is in December so I've got some time to figure it out....