Posts by FancySomethingNice

Thanks everyone for the help! I was able to recover and conceal the blemishes with my scroll work and roses. I love the link for the cake trick and the cake Spackle! Definitely will be trying these tricks for my next cakes!
I did pipe a dam for each layer, but when crumb coating, I tried to make sure everything was even and smooth. Is it going to ruin this cake if I take the fondant off and give it a go again? I definitely don't have the time for re-baking the layers. Also, should the fondant be thicker? It was rolled to the recommended thickness, but it just seems so flimsy?
I'm desperate.... I have this small wedding cake I'm working on for this weekend. I'm using Satin Ice fondant for the first time, and so far I'm nothing but frustrated. I've used IndyDebi's buttercream underneath, but you can clearly see my layers. The fondant is also very soft. I'm putting photos below of what they look like. I'm at a loss as to what to do to make this look better. I cannot let this bride down and I don't have the time to start over. HELP!!!
I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Cake was delivered this morning. They wanted buttercream, and I still have to work on getting it smooth as glass, but here was the final result:
So I'm wondering if the area I live in doesn't carry the Duff brand of fondant. I ended up getting the Wilton premade and so far it's worked like a charm. This morning I'll be coloring the gumpaste and usually this is where it starts to become iffy. I use the Wilton gel colors and I feel like it changes the texture of he gumpaste. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I was hoping to avoid using Wilton (the smell of it is awful), but I think at this point it's my only option. Michael's here I come! Thanks for the help!
Hi everyone!I've been lurking on here for a little while, reading and trying to absorb from the wealth of knowledge that everyone contributes. I feel I'm backed into a corner. I'm making my first "sold" cake, for delivery this Sunday morning (I'm a cupcake gal, so this is a big deal for me). I'm attempting to make cartoonish gumpaste flowers (daisies, pansies, small filler flowers, etc). I purchased a premade gumpaste called "Bakels". I made leaves on Tuesday night and...