Posts by CakeMan2Day

Sometimes when using a cake pan like this, it is difficult to get the sugar/isomalt to release even after oiling the pan.  A couple simple techniques that might try...   1-Find a suitable sized rubber gasket at a plumbing or hardware store like Home Depot.  You can find gaskets in many sizes up to about 6 inches.   2- Roll out modeling clay on top of plastic food wrap (Saran Wrap or Sil-pat) with a rolling pin.  You can purchase modeling clay at any craft store. ...
I had a similar problem.  After emailing the company (very fast response) , here is how they responded.  I now love my new PRO MAT.   Could be a couple things causing a tough time for you.  First… different recipes all have unique characteristics depending on the ingredients.  We have found that all fondants work well on THE MAT but some recipes require a little tweaking.  If your fondant is sticking to THE MAT, just knead in a little extra confectioners’ sugar.  Be...
I had the same problem and I emailed Sweet Wise about it. They wrote right back and referred me to their video Care and Cleaning video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K996n3hYds4 . About half way through the video, the Sweet Wise girl suggests that you avoid lifting the mat away from the fondant which traps air and if you do trap air you can fix it by using a little powered sugar. Take a look at the video. It worked perfectly for me.