Posts by DeliciousDesserts

Lots of people do this differently. I personally bake 2" high cakes in 3" pans. I then torte these to 1". My tiers are 4 - 1" layers. Some people will stack 2-2" layers. To me, that's too much cake to frosting ratio. Others will bake 3" cakes and torte and level those. What ratio of cake to frosting do you like? What tier height do you like?
Do you mean for This Easter? This Sunday? Day after tomorrow?
FYI, I love my canon ix6520. I ONLY use ink from Icing Images. I purchase the icing images electronic cutter sheets and love them. Debbie is my hereo and has walked me through 2 disasters.
. This should be the new auto response for all cake pricing questions!
Very well said.
Furthermore, there is a BIG difference between offering criticism to a hobbyist and offering it to someone selling a cake.
Ya know...as part of my Psychology degree I attended (and aced) a "Helpful Communication" class.  Some of those principles have stuck.  I try to use "I" statements vs. "You."  I try to be considerate in constructive criticism while also being empathetic and encouraging.   Still, some people will always magnify hatred.  They will twist words and motives.  Some people just don't want to hear any criticism at all.  Most of the time, it is easy to see when someone just wants...
 pa·tron·izeˈpātrəˌnīz,ˈpa-/verb  1. treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority. "“She's a good-hearted girl,” he said in a patronizing voice" synonyms: treat condescendingly, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, treat like a child, treat with disdain   My comment on your talent (based on the ONLY photo you have provided) was genuine.  While it is true I do think my work is superior to yours, I do also think you have...
This was not a good cake. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear. Instead of being topsy turvy, it looks like an amature tried a regular stacked cake. That doesn't give anyone license to berate you on a public forum. It doesn't make it ok for her and her friends to bash you. That's mean. Your "client" was well within her rights to decline acceptance. The cake was not what she expected. There are plenty of people who would have taken it because they had no other...
  My cakes are typically HEAVY.  Seriously, they are very heavy.  3 tiers or less, I stack and put on that front seat space.  It's sturdy & wonderful.  Some 4 tiers I can put in the front.   Anything over 4 tiers or really heavy, I assemble on site.  In that case, the bottom tier is stacked on the stand and placed in the back alongside the other boxed tiers.  The top tier or anything that makes me particularly nervous rides up front next to me.