Posts by DeliciousDesserts

There are several cases of "work product" ownership. I don't know of any that involve bakers or decorators.
You shouldn't need it in the curly part.   If they are going to stick off the cake, and they are going to be thick & heavy, I would stick wire in the whole thing even curl
If my clients knew the difference I prices of stands that may work. It's hard enough describing the difference between a $3 per serving cake & a $5 per serving cake. I'm not about to try to explain the difference in cost of the silver & the white wood. It's so much easier (on both of us) to pick a stand that compliments the cake. I'm not going to get into haggle over $20 when the cake looks better on one that costs a bit more. Flat fee! I do the same with flavors. ...
In most cases, yes. The exception are my dinky pedestal stands. I charge $15 for those. Occasionally, I waive the fee. My $90 gold wood, my $130 silver round, & my $50 silver square are all $30.
Jason, I may not have been specific enough . All of us own stands ranging $40-$200. Some of us have Sarah stands. There are 3 other bakers that have the same diamond band stand. All of us, except the one, charge $30 to rent. This isn't an issue if offering more expensive stands. Sometimes, the market rate reaches maximum. In this case, $30. Sure, if we all collectively raised the fee.... Oh never mind. Speaking from lots of experience & counsel with rental...
Roflmco! *de-panning* not drowning
I do like Pfiel. I used ultimate Baker when I purchased. I was buying a lot of pans, & they offer 20% off $200. I should also mention I prefer the removable bottom pans. Even more flexibility in use (cheesecakes, etc.) & makes drowning easy.
Shhhh Mommy and Daddy are talking (arguing). LOL
Nope! Just that one.