Posts by DeliciousDesserts

Wow. I've been watching this one and all I can say is wow. Farmer John, regardless of your intentions, that one post really was a bit condescending. Must always use caution when using words with negative connotations. Sure the definition seems innocent, but you know the emotion that word can elicit. I'll also go a step further and say that if someone had used similar language toward a new member regarding some controversial topics, they'd be called mean. I'm sure...
My avatar is a photo of rice paper leaves and fondant vines on buttercream. I used buttercream to attach the leaves.
  That's what Cake Central is all about:  people helping people!   Thank you so much for the compliments!  I will quote my husband's favorite movie The Edge where Charles says:  "What one man can do, another can do."  It just takes patience, lots and lots of practice, and a bit of skill. I personally do not ganache under fondant, but I have heard great things about it.  Some members swear by it. Most people, who box the cake in the fridge, leave it in the fridge for a bit...
I wrap my baked cakes in cling wrap. The next morning, I unwrap them and crumb coat with buttercream.   In most cases, it is a good idea to place your cake in a box so the condensation doesn't form on the fondant.  Otherwise, the fondant will sweat.  It does dry if that happens.
I've never heard that about covering in fondant the day of the event.  Wow.  That would really make my life difficult.   I typically like to have every cake finished the night before the event...just in case.  That way if something is wrong with my timeline or goes horribly wrong I have a buffer of time to fix it.   This is a link to lobster I made:  http://www.verydeliciousdesserts.com/#!Lobster/zoom/c11wr/imagei2t     The plate is made of gumpaste and was made 4...
Anything you did while employed by the other baker is "work product" and is owned by the company. I know that's no fun. When I started on my own, I so wanted to direct people to my last companies website. I never did once. I even had several photos on my computer. Never once used them or showed them. Build a new portfolio of your own work. It will take time, but it will be worth it and you will be proud.
There were so many wonderful things in that post to quote. I chose the one most important to this specific topic.
Please know you will get many different answers to your questions. Taste is very subjective. I personally tried several fondants and prefer Fondarific for taste, ease of use, and flexibility. However, I know some people swear by Marshmellow fondant which I detest. Different brands appeal to a variety of people. I'm not exactly sure what kind of truck you will be making so it's difficult to judge what pieces can be made in advance. I personally store my cakes in the...
I did not and don't need it. I will say that I have buyers remorse. I don't use mine very often and felt the kopyKake would serve my purpose. It does. But, If I knew then what I know now, I would have picked one of the grex.