Posts by DeliciousDesserts

HeaHeard that one too
I'm originally from Ga & now live in SC. It is indeed a very southern cake. The story is that a very sweet lady decided to make banana bread with some overripe bananas. She realized she was out of milk & searched the cupboards. She had some oil but not quite enough so tossed in a can of crushed pineapple to make up the difference. I doubt that's the real birth, but I love that it conveys the strength, tenacity, & resourcefulness of a southern woman. The real trick is...
Oh I would cry! Hummingbird should have neither carrots nor coconut. Carrots are for carrot cake & coconut is for coconut or Italian cream. Hummingbird is a spice cake with bananas, pineapples, & pecans. My recommendation is the one from Southern Living
*cheers in the stands* Honestly, when I saw this last night, I didn't know what it was.
Yes, they come in 1/4" increments.
In order to set your pricing, you really do have to do your homework.  Sit down & write a list of every single thing your hands touched while making that last cake.  Did you use a hand towel?  Do you have to wash that towel?  Aprons, hand soap, dishwasher, dish soap, oven, water, trash can....EVERY single thing no matter how small it may seem.  Of course, you will also add the cost of ingredients.  If you are a legal business, you will need to add the cost of licensing and...
Ha ha! She did. We love it there. But we still come check things out here as well.
Of course there is a market for it! That is why CakeBoss ha been so successful. The difficulty will be deciding how much information to provide in order to be able to provide the program at a cost people will be willing to pay. Currently, the cake boss software is about $150 (I think. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It provides costing recipes, creating invoices, & tracking orders. As far as I know, it does not provide the cost of ingredients. The user is...
Actually, I bet Anna will see it. She's still active. And it's not too terribly old..January of 2013.