Posts by DeliciousDesserts

In the trash can.
There is real value in a hands on course. I'm willing to pay more for personal instruction.The difficulty, for me, is the airfare and hotel and other travel expenses. Sadly, not many instructors hold classes here in Charleston.
That would be a correlation not causation.
I heart Mimi.
This is a wonderful example of one person's always is another's never.   For me, and my target client, the personal touch and experience is very important.  You want to taste my cake, you gotta meet with me.  The one thing I hear clients and planners say over and over is how much they enjoyed working with me and could really trust me.  Almost every single review mentions the wonderful consultation.   Different markets and different target audiences will react...
I do a complimentary tasting.  It includes 4-8 flavors & 2-4 fillings depending on what is available.  That's it!  My consultation guide states "if there is something specific you would like to try I suggest ordering for an upcoming event or purchasing a sample cake.  Sample cakes are 2 layer 6" rounds and are available for $15."   This is an example of a recent sample:...
OMG! LOVE!!
My tiers are usually 4"- 4 1/2" tall.  That's 4 layers of cake with 3 spaces of filling.  That fits nicely on a plate.   For larger amounts, it depends on the size.   When I construct a 6 layer (6' - 6 1/2"), I place a cake board & supports between two 3 layer cakes.  In that case, cut the cake down to the cake board (this will be 3 layers of cake).  Once that cake is served, remove the cake board & cut the next cake (also 3 layers).  It's like 2 cakes in...
It really is a nice cake. First, please check the legal requirements to ensure you are following all local guidelines for selling baked goods. Thier are usually state and city requirements. You didn't ask for constructive criticism but I'll offer some. The flowers are really well made. Adding some shading with petal dust will really bring them to life. I've found it's best to look at the real flower or a photo of one. Notice all the color variations. There are 2...
No.I've never heard of using beet root?