Posts by ashegoe

thanks for all the tips with the pearls and piping gel! I will give it a smaller scale run. Also thanks on the health dept tip. I haven't checked on that.I was thinking I would need a buisness liscence or something. I do have a food handlers permit. I have made one wedding cake free for a friend and only one pd cake for a bday party and tons of my kid's bday cakes. I am having lots of requests so I guess if I am gonna start selling I need to do it right! Thanks on the tip...
also when i bake my tiers the cakes seem to shrink compared to the cardboard circles i bought for each layer. If the sps system is a set of plates (and I do know what you are talking about) how do I make my cakes fit them with out the plates showing over the edge after they are baked. Maybe I am baking wrong. I am so clueless. Thanks for putting up with me and willing to offer advice. I truely do appreciate it! If I lived somewhere where I could learn I would! There are no...
really SPS? wow thanks for all the comments. Like I said I am new at this. But am so excited to learn from all of you and appreciate all the advice you have offered sooo much!!!. Do you have any suggestions where I can order an sps set up? I live in the middle of nowhere and have to order off the internet.
what about Cakes and BakesSweets and EatsSugar and Spice and All Cakes NiceConfectionery YoursOodles of CakesCakes and KissesKiss Me CakeFrosted FantasiesDream cakesmade to be cakedcupcake questmmmmmmm........cakesConfectionary DelightsCookie JarSugar ToothSugar ShackSugar and SpiceDivine DelightsDough-Re-MiThe Goody ShoppeSweet DoughThe Bread ShopBakin' BreadsSuper BakesA Taste Of HeavenMuch More than BreadsOldies N' GoodiesSweet PleasuresDazzling DelightsPiece of...
NO way am I stacking a cake before I get there. that is too dangerous! I plan on making buttercream and figured it would be pure vanilla and not colorless. guess I will have to play with it. I do not buy unless i have to. What is sps?
I have been asked to do this wedding cake. I understand that those are sugar pearls of different sizes. I have two questions.. I can't I assume put those on the cake tiers and deliver to venue and put layers together. And yet if I wait to do them at the venue how do I get them to stick to the already crusted buttercream? piping gel? Do I have to hand apply each bead? Please help!! I am not a professional. Just started doing cakes and really want to tackle this! Any...