Posts by carmenscake_helsinki

I'll have to do it I guess....He didn't insist anymore in a discount and decided for the first option I gave him that was a 10 people cake. At this point I couldn't be unprofessional and say" no I don't do your cake anymore"   At least looks like he understood. Hope after he get's his cake he doesn't come to be a pain again... Thank you for your advices!
Yes, Liz I was already thinking to ask why should I give you a discount???   Reading his email again, he really tried to make things under the table as Lorieleann said. It's the first time it happened to me and I also didn't understand what he meant.   I'm contacting the other baker already to advice her, because even if he insists with me, I'm sending him OUT anyway.
Thank you all for your replies! I do not work with credit card, so I don't have any fee to pay. In Finland is more likely to have the money transfer or cash, specially in this kind of business. I don't see any reason to give this man a discount. I would give his friend a discount as she ordered cakes from me in the past and actually sending me clients, but not to him.   I told him again that's the price and I can't do any low. He came up saying I did a cake...
I need to vent! Honestly can't anymore with clients and their lovely phrase: Can you give me discount?   I got an inquire last week. The client called me asking how much I charge for my cakes and asked straight way for a discount... I said I can't give a discount. As I was on my way to a trip abroad, I politely told him to write me an email and I could answer him as soon as possible. Looked like he didn't like it but I'm sorry, I'm not going to pay 3,00 euros per...
  Do you know what I was thinking for while about this kind of client? I think they make it in porpouse, they let you know the last minute what they want, to secure the cake will be fresh... Because they really think that a sheet cake, 48 cupcake and 48 cake pops should be done on the same day that she needs the cake... And they still add the phrase: "Please, it should be all fresh, you know, like tasting fresh"  Yeah, for sure I'll make you a week old cake very much...
remnant3333, That's exactly what I wonder, if she will able to swallow the fondant... What I got from our meeting, looked like she never tried it. She was already a pain....when we met, so I was really thinking if she didn't like the sweetness of this cake, she will hate the other cake and she will problaly complain about it as well!     I will answer her now, let's see what she answers back. Already thanking you all for the tips
Hi all!   I have a client who ordered 2 cakes. One was for today, for her last working day(she is pregnant) and it was a simple strawberry cake with pipping cream  and the other one is for this saturday, a baby shower cake.   I meet her last friday to discuss what she wanted. She really wanted to meet, because she was very much scared that I wouldn't get what she wanted for a cake.... her friend had a previous bad experience with a baker that didn't do what she...
I must say that cake flour makes a lot of difference! In the past I used AP flour, my cakes tasted good, everyone liked, but when I used cake flour for the first time I was in love with it! Where I live cake flour is an expensive product but since I tried the first time and the result was stunning, I just use CF as I think it makes a better product. My clients deserve to have a good product, they are paying for it. Of course one must do their account for their cake...
Maybe she wanted to keep them and eat them all alone, ehehehehe
The worst for me was to hear: "Hope the cake and cream will be fresh! " Oohhhhhh yes of course I will put a spoiled cream on your cake...people are just insane!