Posts by TheSweetTreat

I have never made a cream cheese icing stiff enough to pipe. Whenever I make a cream cheese icing the only thing I can do is just blob it on.
I would not let one person pay and another person sign the contract. If the father wants to pay then he just needs to give the money to his daughter who has signed the contract and is your client. YES! You are correct that there could be TONS of problems with this later if they decide to have an issue with something or worse, sue. You would ultimately have two people to answer to. Keep it at ONE.
I just posted on another thread about this, but when I simply added peanut butter to my finished SMBC it made it too loose. Even after chilling it and re-whipping it for many minutes it never regained its consistency. It would just slip right off the spatula. So..for me it was not as easy as just throwing it in..and done. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
I wanted to post my results when I did this just a few days ago. It made the buttercream too loose! I added in about 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter in about 2 additions after the icnig was already made. I continued beating it and it just got so loose it fell off the spatula. I put it in the fridge to chill it and tried again. No luck. I then added another stick of butter adn that didn't work either. I rubbed ice cubes around the bottom of the bowl...didn't work. ...
If it were stock photos that were produced by the company or the company purchased the rights to these images from the photogs who took them then I'd say it would be ok. You purchased the rights from them. However, I highly doubt that this stock company has purchased the rights to an image of Mickey. PM me the name of the stock company if you want. I know of several reputable stock companies and would be interested in knowing if this is one of them (doubt it).
I'd say as long as the picture goes back to your blog/tumblr/facebook/cakecentral, etc., account, and the person isn't claiming the work as their own then it would be fine. I personally find it harmless and a form of advertisement for ME as long as Pinterest isn't making money off the image. So far they don't run ads so I'm not sure what money they'd be making from any of the images.
If the information about copyright is that important then it should be something a new member has to read before they're able to start posting on this forum. Then we can save having such redundant information in so many threads.Again, my point is that it's not very good for the forum for people to completely disregard the actual question only to use the thread as a soap box for their feelings on something's legality. No one said that member's who share so much...
And before anyone attacks me for not caring about the legitimate businesses, I do care. I had my own photography business and paid $900/yearly to be licensed and insured. I value morals and ethics. I just find it counter-productive to this forum to answer questions in the way the second poster answered. That's all. This isn't the first time I've seen this and that's why I felt the need to say something.
Let me first start by saying that I do NOT create character cakes or anything that would violate copyright. I make cupcakes with pretty swirls on top for fun. I occassionally make cookies with generic designs on them. I do value people's copyrighted property. I am also a photographer and understand the importance of copyright. I am not ignorant.You say that this is the business section so you should be free to give legal advice (ehh not really a good idea), but then...
Let me first start by saying that I do NOT create character cakes or anything that would violate copyright. I make cupcakes with pretty swirls on top for fun. I occassionally make cookies with generic designs on them. I do value people's copyrighted property. I am also a photographer and understand the importance of copyright. I am not ignorant.You say that this is the business section so you should be free to give legal advice (ehh not really a good idea), but then...