Posts by AAtKT

My recipe calls for cake flour and I use cake flour... I use buttermilk in almost all my cakes... and they almost always have cake flour in them... I don't know anything about supposed to be using ap flour with buttermilk...   As for the Americolor gel... You could try mixing it with the batter itself at some point... I actually use red powder dye in mine... i just mix it in with my dry mix... 
Not sure about the other two... but the middle one... Couldn't pay me enough to break the copyright law to make it...   As for pricing...  You need to determine your cost, time, and profit margin before you can determine a price...
I have dyed my cheesecake only once... I used the powder because I was dying it red... Turned out really well actually... I didn't measure the color, I just sprinkled a little, mixed, sprinkled a little, mixed, etc until i got to the color I was trying to achieve...   I have never baked in the andes mints before, but I have baked other things into cheesecakes and it turned out fine...
I can't quite help you on the pricing other than to price the non-cake tiers based on how much time it will take you to decorate them plus the cost of all that fondant and decor... They will probably come out to close to real cake prices too...   But if I were you, I would do the smaller tiers with cake so that if there is leftover cake it can more easily be boxed up... and then you are working on less styrofoam...
It doesn't look too different from my recipe at home as far as ingredients...    I actually put the sugar in with the milk while cooking though... and then if my icing ends up not stiff enough I add some powdered sugar to it... but I only use this icing for basic simple decorations...   Was your mixture cool before you added it to the butter?
Did you try google?   http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com   That should answer most of your questions...   I am in Ohio and not much help to you...
No one can really help you with this if you aren't going to supply your location either on your profile or in your question. Cottage Food Laws vary from state to state.
Try an Angel Food Cake...    Its mostly just egg whites and sugar...    It is dairy free... butter free... and depending on the type of flour you use, gluten free possibly...
You could just measure around your clamshell and then cut a strip the right size and tape it on the bottom...   That way it contains the information that you wish it to...
If you make a cake for yourself... say in your own home for your own family and don't sell it or make money from it... in theory it is okay...   Using images from any copyright without permission is illegal...   The kits you find are licensed to be used as instructed...   Here are a few links for other copyright topics here in cake...