Posts by BarbaraM0809

Here's a picture of the "broken glass" cupcakes I found on the internet. Very cool idea!
I did a happy birthday/ 4th of July ice cream cake with whipped frosting and fondant accents. That way you could just take them off to eat the cake
Thanks Apti for the advise and support! Believe I will be in here plenty bugging all the successful people on here for advice as I work to build my future
Well everyone that has tried to order are people that I know and I hadn't gotten around to letting everyone know that I was taking a break for now, but they all understand and are totally supportive. And with working 2 jobs (averaging 14-16 hour days, 5 days a week) and doing college there's no way I could keep caking even if I wanted to lol...right now I'm lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a night!
I decided to stop baking cakes for now cause I want to set up a shop beside my house so I don't have to do the back and forth baking or locking up my fur baby and scrubbing down my kitchen every time I need to make a dozen cupcakes. Also, I've had to take on a second job to start saving for that and to keep up with the bills in my house...AND I'm working on getting my bachelors degree in small business management and entrepreneurship from the University of Phoenix. I...
I've been doing cakes for about 8 months and quickly started accumulating things! I eventually bought a 5 shelf unit, some of those racks for stacking the pans (I nest my 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6 together and put them upright in the rack) then use the small plastic rubbermaid storage unit with like 4 drawers for gel colors, clear plastic shoe boxes for cookie cutters sorted by type (flowers, shapes, halloween, letters and numbers et) and I'm still looking for new ideas! I like...
Yeah I thought you ladies would get a kick out of that hot mess lmao...I wonder if they were like "holy crap, there's nowhere to put all these cakes! Wait, I've got a great idea, lets just stack them on top of each other...here, hand me some of those tea cups to balance them out..."
I just saw this cake on pintrest and had to share...I was like WTH! lol...anyone have a clue how it was done??http://pinterest.com/pin/37788084343807554/
I just saw this cake on pintrest and had to share...I was like WTH! lol...anyone have a clue how it was done??http://pinterest.com/pin/37788084343807554/
Lol, I use sticky notes for everything! I have them all over my house and computer because I am so very scatterbrained! But for the few cakes I do, I have a day by day calender that's broken down by the hour so I know what I need to do when (ie, I stop working on school work at 7pm so I'll make fondant at 7pm, put my daughter to bed at 8pm, then work on flowers or other decorations until 10pm, then shower and get ready to leave for work at 11:30pm) Then the next...