Posts by HalifaxMommy

There is a CC member that has lovely sheet cakes! Not your grocery store style sheet cakes, but high end beautiful sheet cakes - fondant covered, cute accents. I can't remember her tag name so maybe some one can chime with her name. If sheet cakes like her's were available like this in my city I would order one! Maybe you can use her style as an inspiration and create something similar and it would fit your business model?
mmmmm stale mail order cookies. Sounds delish.I can't fathom paying for cookies that are then shipped across country, beat up by postal machines and expect them to taste remotely fresh. Nor would I pay for overnight shipping. I won't even buy the fancy iced cookies (royal iced and in cello baggies) in the stores - they could have been made months ago and just sitting on the shelf. I personally would pay her no mind, bless her heart.
mmmmm stale mail order cookies. Sounds delish.I can't fathom paying for cookies that are then shipped across country, beat up by postal machines and expect them to taste remotely fresh. Nor would I pay for overnight shipping. I won't even buy the fancy iced cookies (royal iced and in cello baggies) in the stores - they could have been made months ago and just sitting on the shelf. I personally would pay her no mind, bless her heart.
It's a very very simple course! The first night was a bit rushed but after that, it was very slow paced
I love the 12 x 12 x 5 (I think) clear containers from Micheal's that are intended to hold scrap book paper. One contains all my spatulas and baker's blades another one holds my SPS plates and matching pegs, wood dowels, etc, another one holds all plastic cutters. I have smaller ones for my metal cutters, paintbrushes, wire cutters and wire, ball tools and foam pads.
I can't stand smash cakes. Mainly because the second the cake touches the babe's tongue the mom is freaking out that their child had refined sugar. Makes no sense to me. My son was given a chunk of slab cake (I know better now) and he started to hyperventilate and drove his face into the icing. At that moment I knew he had a sweet tooth. Cupcake breakfast is the tradition in our house. Boy wakes up on his birthday and gets to have a cupcake - he loves it. We then...
This made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. Facebook 1 bride 0.
After reading the thread for the third time all I can say is this party planner's business plan is so flawed that she is allowing herself to lose money. So in that case - negotiate your "referal" fee to 5% and see what you book.
The OP is going to have to get the business card issue in writing. I can't believe the party planner would allow herself to be cut out and lose the "referal" fee and potential party bookings. Not very good for her end numbers either.
I showed this cake to my husband and he thought it was the best cake ever - he hates icing/fondant. I then proceded to show this to my 4 year old son and he said it was "not cool" because there was no icing on it - he loathes cake. I can cut a piece of cake and the two of them share it very well.