Posts by fcakes

Thanks so much for the input! I think him providing all the investment and taking 50% of the profit sounds good to me but how do I put it across to him?Yes, I will be doing all the baking/decorating/managing the kitchen/inventory etc. He will be there day to day, supervising staff and handling the cash register/customers.
Great! Thanks for the input! This is what I was looking for because I wasn't able to figure out if 50/50 was a good idea If he becomes an investor, I would ask him to invest 20%, 30% or 50% and share profit/loss accordingly right?
Angie's Cookies? Oahu Cookies? The Oahu Cookie Place?
Thank you RVCupcake. Yes, I am going to contact a lawyer but I also wanted to get the input of those in this industry who have been through such a situation before... Anyone?
Hi!I have been approached by a family friend who wants to invest in my business to set up a retail store.He wants me to invest 50%, he will invest 50% and we will share whatever profit/loss the business brings equally. However, I am also bringing my expertise & know-how to the business.I want him to invest financially in the business, I will bring my knowledge and skills and we can share the profits 50-50. How do I word such an agreement? Is it even possible?Another option...
thanks everyone!! glad to see everyone thinks the same about teaching classes....might look into doing some!
thank u so much!! I guess RKT is the way to go then...
I have an order for this dinosaur cake but I don't want to promise the client something I won't be able to do... can someone guide me on how to do the head and neck? I thought RKT but how can they be that smooth? And how do I adhere the RKT to the round cake below? Any other medium apart form RKT? Thanks so much! Appreciate it!!!
thanks for your input! I was just wondering about the "arming the competition" part... so maybe it's not that big of a threat?
agree with everyone else... that lady didn't know how to back out of paying you the money... good you didn't let her have the cake.. she didn't deserve it... silly woman... x-(