Posts by candyladies

there was a thread from Melvira awhile back with so many alterations using Bettercreme, Ya'll help me here if I misquote but I have used it and love it. Take a counter softened package ( 8-oz) cream cheese and beat with mixer...if using vanilla bettercreme add to cream cheese one small box INSTANT vanilla pudding mix with about 1/2 cup milk and mix all together...then beat your Bettercreme maybe less than 10 mins until thick..if too thick add a bit more bettercreme..then...
my experience decorating a cake with colored buttercream or fondant decos was that they bled onto the whipped cream...unless you are serving close to the time you are decorating, I think it would be a bit messy. You have to fridge a whipped cream cake so that would be a problem. As for taking color, any? I think pastels but black and pastels, may run together. Just a thought.
I have used Bada Bing and it melts nice and tastes great. You can always thin your chocolate with paramount crystals but depends on what you are using it for. I always was a fan of Van Leer but cannot find it locally in Ohio.
I add a packet of WhipIt by Oetker found in baking isle of grocery store and a packet of vanilla sugar also by Oetker to 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream when whipping.
Mom wants spiderman/my little pony combine cake...HELP. need ideas. Also candy class idea using my little pony theme.
I just ordered a five sample pack of different flavors...love it! very easy to work with. order the samples and try yourself.
I have seen cake made with leopard spots on MyCakeSchool blog or www.cakefu.com/how-to-create-effects-​with-cake-batter ...you are cutting out cake circles but covering with frosting. not sure how to achieve this unless you top off with an edible image with print on it.
nut/poppy seed rolls, angel wings...I would look for angel wing recipe,,,fried dough rolled in powder sugar...kids could help sugar them. Easy to grab and eat.
it is just cake and buttercream. I would do them Friday for Sunday. If buttercream has milk/cream in recipe, I would put in box in fridge. You don't want frosting too hard because they need to push up the push pop.
thanks for trying to describe it Jan. I was always curious and might give it a try.