Posts by dantherex

First of all people, sites never go back to "the old way" because they paid good money for the new system.   This always happens. Facebook, Myspace, Forums, Boards, whenever there is an update on the website people complain and complain, but complaining will do you absolutely no good. Learn the new way, just like you had to learn the first time you ever came here, pick out things that can be improved on, submit them courteously to an admin and move on.
Yes it is possible to get the same effect but with buttercream but only you know if you can get the buttercream to look like fondant.Also keep in mind that you must use only certain kinds of buttercreams. Buttercreams made by melting sugar usually do not hold color well. I would recommend a crusting powdered sugar b/c of some kind. Tint it a medium blue, then with an airbrush, go over it with navy luster spray/gold luster spray
This is the most realistic and helpful reply I've seen.At the end of the day, a business can be a success or failure even with the highest of planning. I agree with inspiredbymom, if you're not running yourself into debt by making this purchase, I say venture on and if you fail then you just pay it off and move on. Business is always a huge risk, do it for yourself, not for the money.
This is the most realistic and helpful reply I've seen.At the end of the day, a business can be a success or failure even with the highest of planning. I agree with inspiredbymom, if you're not running yourself into debt by making this purchase, I say venture on and if you fail then you just pay it off and move on. Business is always a huge risk, do it for yourself, not for the money.
We used to use the plastic covers on the industrial florescent lights (like in offices and kitchens) to give marzipan oranges their texture. It seems the texture is the same as that camera texture. Give it a try!
There are so many different kinds of ovens out there, you provide no details, we can't really help you.Generally I can tell you that it is common sense to operate a commercial oven, with a few exceptions. And commercial equipment will produce more consistent products.There are convection, deck, rotation, combi, and conventional ovens.Convection blow hot air around. Sometimes you can turn down the fan for cakes and delicate, but some ovens don't have that setting.Deck-...
A gummy cake is usually caused by either incorrectly measuring out ingredients, or over mixing the cake batter.
If you put royal icing in the fridge, it will absorb plenty of moisture and lose it's rock hard characteristics and become a mush of sugar.Keep them in a place in your house thats away from sunlight and has a consistent room temperature, maybe a closet or something?
Yes when I see an opportunity to use a liquor in any dessert I go for it.I think it gives it an edge, it makes it feel like the desserts are for "adults" and it's classy.I've used Grand Marnie in just about everything that goes with citrus.I've also used coconut rum in a coconut simple syrup in cakes.
Thin layer of ganache on the top. Slice the cake evenly with a warm knife. Rasperry on each slice, maybe a mint leaf as well?I think white chocolate would go great with green tea!