Posts by Orange_Blossom

I can answer your question about time and temperature control, at least...certain foods have specific temperatures they can be held at for certain periods of time (hot foods, for example, have to be reheated to 165 degrees before serving within a two hour period, and then has to be held at at least 135 degrees and checked every four hours...cold foods have their requirements, too). So food like a RI decorated sugar cookie, since it is not potentially hazardous, would not...
I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but as someone who is so very glad that the first RI recipe she tried was Antonia74's (I have never, ever had a problem with my RI using her recipe), I wanted to give everyone a head's up that Sweetopia had someone do an illustrated version of the recipe - neat!http://sweetopia.net/2012/01/royal-icing-recipe-free-illustrated-recipe/
Thanks, everyone. I am so glad to see that I am not the only person to have done this! Texas_Rose, that is HORRIBLE. I am glad the organizer at my event only bought two or I would have felt like she was stealing, in a way.
Hi all, new here, though I have been lurking for a loooong time picking up all manner of useful and awesome information from everyone. I started working with royal icing seriously about a year ago, and my piping/decorating skills are finally at a point where I am confident and have people asking if I take orders (which I don't - too many limitations for me, such as school, clinical work, and having a cat who would be very affronted if I told her she had to leave my house...