Posts by EstherLee

Hi Everyone, I'm in a pickle. Lately I notice that when I put my fondant over my iced cake, and even after I smooth it out with my smoother all around, in a few hours I notice a bulge on the sides of my cake horizontally where my buttercream is in between the layers. I do everyone to tighten the gap when I ice with buttercream to make sure there is no gaps or air escaping. But somehow I still end up with a bulge and it's just not as smooth as I would like it. Can anyone...
Does anyone have a Chocolate Fudge Cake that they can swear by? I need a good one.Thank you,Esther
Anyone have any cool ideas on how to make a Rock as a bottom tier? Fairly large. Any help or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks much!Esther
Thanks for the tips on pricing ladies. I'll keep that all in mind.Esther
HI Everyone,I just got an email asking for this:I want a Suitcase cake for my travel themed bridal shower april 01 2012 Feeding about 50 people-maybe 3 images with eiffel tower, rome, and greece-writing: May your life together be one great adventureCan anyone help me with pricing for this? I know it all depends on the recipe but even a ball park figure would help and then I can calculate my recipe costs more precisely to fit closely enough.Thank you!
I am just starting my cake and cupcake business from home and I want to host a baking party sometime in the spring or summer to have friends and friends of friends come in to try samples of different flavoured cakes and cupcakes. This will give me an opportunity to showcase my decor for cakes and cupcakes as well as have them first hand try out the flavours. I was thinking of offering a discount to them if they book me for an event that day itself, or within the week of...
Wow! I'm so overwhelmed by this response, I had no IDEA they shouldn't be asking for tasters. I am still starting out and because I have no idea who this person is, or how they found me, I thought why not try and build my client base. Now I know for future orders this is an unacceptable request. Thanks so much for your feedback, it was a BIG help!
I have a request for 60 cupcakes in the flavours of Banana, Vanilla and Chocolate. This lady wants to come in with her sister and niece to taste some samples and see my overall presentation of a safari chic theme cupcakes (green, yellow and brown with cut out animal faces on them such as the monkey, elephant and lion). I have never had to prepare samples before. Do I need to charge them for this? I imagine I should, as it is costing me ingredients plus time. But how much...
Look no further. I found a great recipe and this is the one I've been using for every chocolate cake order I get. And they love it! It's so moist and rich in flavour. Try this out, you'll be sure to love it!Ingredients 2 Cups Flour 2 Cups Sugar ¾ Cup Hershey's Cocoa 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (Optional) This will make the cake rise just a little bit more than using the Baking Soda only. 2 Eggs (I use large eggs) 1 Teaspoon Salt 1 Cup ButtermilkNote...
Thank you so much. I believe rolling it too thin is always a problem I encounter. I have a bad habit of taking just enough fondant and then it ends up being way too thin. I will try doing the corners first, AND making it thicker. Thanks again so much!