Posts by rubiarubia

Reviving this! First bridal show in three weeks. Yee!
Hi everyone!I'm looking for affordable, bulk (minimum 500) dark purple cupcake liners. I'm packaging individual brownies for sale, and am using white liners that I buy for about $3 for 500. I know it won't be nearly that cheap for colored ones, but I'm hoping to keep it under a few cents per liner. I had to use some colored ones I had on hand just because I ran out of the white ones, and they look SO much better! Any leads on possible suppliers? (Or alternatives for...
cr8cakes: Thank you for your input. I think you shared some very valuable information. No, it may not be how many Cake Central members operate (especially the OP, who is just getting going), but the bottom line is still important. To the OP, I would say find a way to scale/cost your ingredients, figure out how much of each recipe you need for each size cake (I use 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, etc as references to recipe multiplication both for calculating cost and for figuring out how...
Holy smokes! That's amazing (the exemption), and explains why some seemingly random local products don't have nutrition labels on them. I can do weight, and was planning on including all the other info, anyway. So, the health department should know?Thanks!
If you made a board out of plywood, what would you cover it with? That's a great idea... just don't know what material would be best for over the wood / under the cake.
I also love BRP. The free shipping is amazing, they're fast, good customer service, quality product, and decent prices if you order in quantities of 100+.
Definitely don't undercharge, and definitely remember to count your labor as a cost. I've been in business for about 6 months, and still get nervous when I send a quote to a customer, but I've never once had one back out (knock on wood!). I have heard "Hmmm, that was a little more than I wanted to spend, but that's okay". All of my business is word of mouth, so maybe it helps that most new customers have heard straight from a friend that I have a quality product (or tried...
I have an opportunity to be a vendor for free at a local summer fair. It's kind of like a County or State Fair, but it features products made in our area (food and non-food).I'm all set up to sell products to be consumed immediately (I already make and sell special-order cakes and wholesale items, legally). However, I'm thinking I would like to package up some items (brittle, caramel corn, maybe some cupcakes, etc.) for people to purchase to take home. Does anyone know...
Thanks for the replies! @CWR41: I'm a little hesitant to use those products.. I make everything from scratch and like to stick to ingredients that are as un-pre-made as possible. (I hope that makes sense). I absolutely don't have anything against bakers who DO use those, I just don't think they're quite right for my business @Ballymena: Hmmm, interesting! Never heard of that, but I like the fact that it can be piped. And it holds up well at room temp? I think that might...
Hi everyone!I got a kinda last minute order for a small wedding cake for this upcoming weekend. She ordered from my cake menu (I mostly do celebration cakes, usually 1-tier), and she ordered a coconut cake that I usually make with coconut whipped cream as the frosting. Of course, I normally stabilize the whipped cream with gelatin, but that really only works when the cake is one tier and going to sit out for no more than an hour. For a wedding cake, I'm just imagining it...