Posts by vgcea

OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...
OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...
OP I'm glad that you're sticking to your guns. They had a tasting and liked the cake. No word of shortening then, so why now?I believe you're on the right track but I'd like to add that for your contract give clients a shorter time frame to bring the uneaten cake back. I give 24 hours from the time the cake changes hands.So much can happen to a cake over the course of over a week especially after it's traveled 1 hour both ways, been on display at a wedding, cut up, and...
Hehehehe!
And now I look like a crazy person with my now irrelevant response to you LOL~!!!!!
Apti I like that idea. I too tend to be all over the place. one day I'm working with royal icing the next I'm all over ganache
Heck no!
FromScratchSF I'm so sorry you had such a crappy experience. I am surprised the event was that disorganized. I thought with it being high brow and all, the guests would be better behaved. SMH.It's good that you reached out to the vendors. At least when they talk to their clients they'll have good things to say about you.I'm wondering if anybody has tried a hybrid between a bridal show and a tasting event. Where both potential clients and a small number of vendors are...
Amen! Your post is 100% on point. OP, even if anyone handed you a fool-proof scratch recipe, you're almost guranteed to have to bake it a couple of time to get it just right, and adjust it to your own specifications and circumstances (especially since you're transitioning from box cakes to scratch cakes which is a whole 'nother animal).FromScratchSF's white cake has been recommended but more importantly, look at her instructions. Even the best scratch cake recipe will not...
Great job momma! Your baby looks so happy. Yep, that smile makes the challenge worth it.