Posts by vgcea

OP here's a link to a cream cheese BC that is shelf stable:http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com/Resources/Recipes/TraditionalCreamCheeseFrosting.aspx
Temperature danger zone for about x hours out of10 hours? I wouldn't risk it especially if you sell your cakes. You have no idea exactly how long it's been in the danger zone, or how the customer would handle the product and if it's already compromised before leading your hands... recipe for trouble.Now if you're talking about eating the BC yourself, that one's totally up to you.
cream cheese typically = refrigeration. Of course you could have a pretty cake sitting out that would send everybody to the hospital...#just saying.Fondant cakes can be refrigerated. There are many threads on the topic. Do a search.
OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...
OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...
OP I'm glad that you're sticking to your guns. They had a tasting and liked the cake. No word of shortening then, so why now?I believe you're on the right track but I'd like to add that for your contract give clients a shorter time frame to bring the uneaten cake back. I give 24 hours from the time the cake changes hands.So much can happen to a cake over the course of over a week especially after it's traveled 1 hour both ways, been on display at a wedding, cut up, and...
Hehehehe!
And now I look like a crazy person with my now irrelevant response to you LOL~!!!!!