Posts by vgcea

It means based on the information provided (pH and aW) it does not require refrigeration. Just as the original site says, you are fully liable for however it turns out.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelf_stable_food
Scenario 1, I would call the person who emailed you and have her 'prepare' the birthday girl for my call. So it's not a cold call.Scenario 2. Sister please! Can't walk because you're spending money?This would be my response:Dear Customer,I regret that I am be unable to accommodate your request at this time.Godspeed.( get it?)Cake Lady
Hi everyone, in light of recent threads about customer complaints, requests for refunds, canceling payments e.t.c.I'd like us to have a thread as a reference point (not a place for legal advice) just for guidelines on how to handle these issues, from prevention (contract clauses) to damage control.For example:I understand that Square does not permit refunds so if a customer is to get a refund, the merchant must run 2 transactions: one to charge the new (discounted) amount...
It's not about sending out defective cake but a means to prevent people from lying about the cake in order to weasel some $$ out of you.If they lied in order to get some money back and claimed the cake was inedible after they've served the cake and guests even raved about it [another CC post a couple of months ago], knowing that they have to bring proof of this horrible, inedible cake that nobody touched would be a deterrent against lying or at least cause them to find a...
Man I wish I could pile on my SMBC as thick as RBI does, it looks so good. I always end up with a thin layer Any tips?
OP here's a link to a cream cheese BC that is shelf stable:http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com/Resources/Recipes/TraditionalCreamCheeseFrosting.aspx
Temperature danger zone for about x hours out of10 hours? I wouldn't risk it especially if you sell your cakes. You have no idea exactly how long it's been in the danger zone, or how the customer would handle the product and if it's already compromised before leading your hands... recipe for trouble.Now if you're talking about eating the BC yourself, that one's totally up to you.
cream cheese typically = refrigeration. Of course you could have a pretty cake sitting out that would send everybody to the hospital...#just saying.Fondant cakes can be refrigerated. There are many threads on the topic. Do a search.
OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...
OP your posts are a little confusing but from what I grasp, you're being taken advantage of. You pay the cost, labor, and delivery while all she does is recommend you (which she should be doing anyway since she's a planner and the client is paying her already for such services). Have you tried looking around for rental rates for other kitchens? Calculate the cost of using her kitchen (your current arrangement including the hefty chunk of your cake money you're giving her)...