Posts by vgcea

$65 for that???! $65??!! 6 and 5?
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
A bluff IF the caker has no intention of following through. I asked a lawyer about this recently and he said, "if the clients agree to it in the contract and knowingly sign the contract with this knowledge, they are legally bound by it." If they choose to flout it, and the caker enforces the terms (takes away the cake), there is no basis for a lawsuit. The bad publicity is the killer though.
If you do not expect to charge a different price for wedding cakes (some charge more for wedding cakes than party cakes) you could simply divide your usual price per cake (how you do it now) by the number of servings in the cake. The total amount is the same, just a different way of getting there.You could crunch the numbers for a number of your cakes based on their level of difficulty (your simplest cake to the most elaborate), calculate an average and range to see how...
Call or email Wilton customer service with the ID code on the package. They'll let you know the expiration date. I don't know why a company like Wilton would sell food products and not put the expiration date on, unless they were trying to be shady and sell things beyond a proper date because most folks wouldn't be bothered to go through the trouble of requesting expiration dates. SMH.
OP you've gotten some good advice. I find the Cake Bible more beneficial for understanding the "Why?" than anything else. If your goal is to develop your own recipes, I would first start with practicing using recipes that have been tried and tested. From there you will get a feel for how things work. Once you know how each ingredient works, creating your own recipe should be easy.One more thing that I have not seen mentioned here: Method. How it's put together is just as...
Amen to that. OP, that guy is a tool; pay him no mind. And don't let him or anyone ever take advantage of your beautiful spirit.
Congratulations to you guys!
I tried it recently. Didn't like it, and I'm still trying to figure out if I messed up somewhere. It took way more powdered sugar than usual (almost another 2lb bag) to get the right consistency, and even after resting it, it was super soft. I've made the one with cream and butter and it turned out okay but this dairy-free attempt was a fail. Thankfully I only made it to cover cake dummies. I used Wilton's artificial vanilla--the white one (need to use up the left overs...
Oh, I never considered that. Thanks for pointing it out MimiFix.