Posts by vgcea

The freebies are not typically tied to an order. Sometimes when I have a cake to bake I make a couple extra cupcakes to give away. Other times I bake specifically for that purpose. This Wednesday I'll be baking a few cuppies for my most loyal customer. There's a flavor I introduced recently to my menu and she's been so eager to try it. My minimum order for cuppies is 2 dozen, I'm not going to make her order 24 just to try the new flavor when I can whip up a few for her so...
My most loyal clients get free cupcakes not discounts.
How beautiful! Congratulations
Ahhh... arguing with Jason... an exercise in futility. *runs out of thread*
Hi dawnybird, I doubt if folks are ignoring you. I tried to do a search online for why you cake did what it did, and came up with so many possibilities: - Excessive liquid.- Batter too cold.- Oven too hot.- Improper mixing procedure.- Baked too long.It could be for so many reasons. Do you use a separate oven thermometer to monitor your oven temp? I've found that when I have cake shrinking issues it's typically because I over-baked, especially with my cupcakes. I've often...
All we need is looove...love... love.Seriously though, some questions are just begging for a virtual slap upside the head. I just read one about someone contemplating a 6 tier cake and not even knowing what supports are required. Some will come in here and argue that the individual is a newbie, so he/she should be spoon-fed. NO. There are too many resources online and in books for folks to be walking around completely ignorant and waiting to be fed information. Now,...
I have to agree with the taste difference between the real thing and the one I got at the store. The store brand was good (Nestle) but the one that took me HOURS to make is like 999.96 times better-tasting.
This caramel sauce is shelf-stable despite the cream? I made dulce de leche from scratch (milk and sugar slow-cooked) it was a loooong process. Great result but having to watch the pan for about 2 hours...
Nice-looking packaging options: www.brpboxshop.com
Panel7124 you're a gem! Thank you!