Posts by vgcea

Bumping this thread.
AZCouture started this excellent thread ( http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-748828.html ) not too long ago, and it led to probably one of the best discussions we've had on CC.Recently I've had clients who ordered cake for an event, coming back wanting something smaller for, say, dinner with family or a game night. Don't want fondant or gumpaste or fancy boards. Just want my cake for dinner and thus cannot meet my current minimum order quantity.I've also had...
No. If your fillings are perishable they should not stay at room temperature first for at least 24 hours with you and possibly another 4-6 hours at the venue. A bubbled-out fondant cake beats a microbiological cesspool anytime.Fondant cakes can be stored in the fridge. You just have to deal with the initial condensation. That has been discussed extensively on this site.I've found that blow out are more related to trapped air pockets in the cake than how it is stored. As...
I'm loving all these new classes that are cropping up. JJR is still my #1 instructor though
Speaking of puppies... RUFF! RUFF!!
The freebies are not typically tied to an order. Sometimes when I have a cake to bake I make a couple extra cupcakes to give away. Other times I bake specifically for that purpose. This Wednesday I'll be baking a few cuppies for my most loyal customer. There's a flavor I introduced recently to my menu and she's been so eager to try it. My minimum order for cuppies is 2 dozen, I'm not going to make her order 24 just to try the new flavor when I can whip up a few for her so...
My most loyal clients get free cupcakes not discounts.
How beautiful! Congratulations
Ahhh... arguing with Jason... an exercise in futility. *runs out of thread*
Hi dawnybird, I doubt if folks are ignoring you. I tried to do a search online for why you cake did what it did, and came up with so many possibilities: - Excessive liquid.- Batter too cold.- Oven too hot.- Improper mixing procedure.- Baked too long.It could be for so many reasons. Do you use a separate oven thermometer to monitor your oven temp? I've found that when I have cake shrinking issues it's typically because I over-baked, especially with my cupcakes. I've often...