Posts by vgcea

*Reads thread title... comes in to check OP's join date... *OK lemme stop. Welcome OP. CC is a great forum. I have only one tip for you. When you try to search for answers to a question, if you can't find it using the search option here, try Google, making sure to add 'cake central' along with your search criteria e.g. for cake pricing you would type: cake pricing cake central. You can thank me later.
#Foodsafetyeducationisyourbestfriend.com I believe there are online as well as in-person classes for real cheap. Here we have ServSafe. Not sure what's in your area. Take the class and so many things would become clearer.
Thank you MimiFix.
Hi MimiFix. I just checked out the website and couldn't find any prices. I'm looking to get the 4 count cupcake holders. So far I've found these on papermart and they add up to $0.49 each after shipping is included. How expensive do these Lindar containers run compared to others, do you know? And do they require bulk orders? Thanks!
Sometimes I dip a regular knife in warm water, wipe it dry and then cut a few pieces. Repeat. I get neat cuts that way since the knife is not covered in cake crumbs which often lead to jagged cuts. Some people cut their cakes cold and then allow the slices to come to room temperature. Less crumbs, neater lines.
Like Like Like! Great points Evoir.OP, what you do is inspiring. I wish you the best.
We NEED a 'like' button.
The 10% is probably refering to the milk fat content, which would be half and half going by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream
Yes, this was my concern. I'm just going to be careful about how I market these new options.
^^ This. I get asked so often, I thought to myself, I might want to tap into this market. I've been working on my processes ever since I read that thread. I'm glad to say I'm getting faster and better each time.