Posts by Sal2012

Hi, I made fondant following Jessica Harris receipe and Micheal Foster receipe on Nov 16, 2013. I made couple of cakes since then. However I have so much left. I separately wrapped with clear white sheet and placed in ziploc in the refrigerator instead in the freezer. Now, I am worried , is this be usable? Can I still use this and freeze it? How long it lasts for? I also made candy clay finding, wrapped and placed in white container in the refrigerator instead...
Hi, I want bake a cake of "chobani Yogurt" for my son's birthday. I believe I would bake 5 inches of two cakes make it the shape of Chobani yogurt jar and applied the fondont, and print the image of chobani yogurt onto frosting sheet and apply on thin layer of fondont and then apply to the cake.. However I am a bit afraid to apply on Cylindar shape. I guess it the image will be break or I will do something wrong. Any idea also printing the image of Chobani Yogurt on...
Thank you! Should I use milk instead cream? In the recipe called milk and cream both?
Hi, Can I use corn syrun instead of Glucose syrup in the recipe, if how much?  recipe called 1/2 Glucose syrup?  ( I want to make my own fondont)       1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin 1/4 cup cold water 1/2 cup Glucose 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening 1 tablespoon Glycerin 8 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar (about 2 lbs.) Icing color and flavoring, as desired Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick. Place gelatin mixture...
I am greasing with Cisco. Last time grease with Wilton spray. Now I also learn that after greasing I should put thin film on cocoa powder.
This is just a delicious recpie for super moist chocolate cake, but so far I tried to bake twice in bundt pan. The cake was disperse in pieces as I inverted from pan. Please advise what should I do. Such as bake more whatever time listed ( 30 -35 minutes) or do less add some ingredients. This is a special weekend I was asked to bake this special cake. CAKE Ingredients: 2 cups All-purpose Flour 2 cups Fine Granulated Sugar ¼ teaspoons Salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup...
Hello kakeladieThanks for the posting recepie and suggestion about the cake. My tiered cake turned out wells hat I baked three months ago. Soon I wil be placing pictures.Now, I would like to try your recepie.Recepie suggested I box cake mix, Would you mind telling what size of box or how many ounces are in the box? Second, I was unable to find Betty Crocker cake mix beside the ones that labeled as super moist with choclate etc( I believe they pre-made cake mix no need to...
I am glad I did not used it in last three months as I new to cakes. I heard all voices and learned a lot. I m going to throw . Thanks anyway?
Hi, I went to Wilton class, and instructor told me the butter cream last for long time if refrigerated. Such as six months. I made a lot of icing especially choclate and refrigerated not freezer . It is over three months. I do not see any change in color or in taste. But now, I am reading it should n't be used after 2.5 weeks. Or 6 weeks. It made of crisco and water. Should I throw all? Please advised.
Hello kakeladie,Thanks for the posting recepie and suggestion about the cake. My tiered cake turned out well.Now, I would like to try your recepie. Recepie suggested I box cake mix, Would you mind telling what size of box or how many ounces are in the box? Second, I was unable to find Betty Crocker cake mix beside the ones that labeled as super moist with choclate etc( I believe they pre-made cake mix no need to add. Utter or so)Last, would you please tell me how far...