Posts by Cakepro

I'm at home right now so I can't take a picture for you, but we bought several 48" x 24" Metro shelving units at a restaurant auction for dirt cheap.  I then put 12 shelves on one 6' tall unit.  The bigger boxes each have a shelf (full sheet, half sheet, 14" 12") but the smaller boxes and corresponding cupcake inserts fit 2 or 3 to a shelf.  I labeled the shelves so it's easy to spot the box we need.  Money WELL spent and it only takes up 2' x 4' of floor space.  
Some people thin their Wilton Candy Melts with shortening.  I use vegetable oil.  Just add small amounts until the consistency is thin enough for you.   I've been reading that others have great success using Mercken's wafers, and they don't need to thin the Mercken's at all.     Happy dipping! :)
Ha Ha Ha Ha Sometimes The Random Snarkiness Really Makes Me LOL
LOL, cake advice AND free armchair psychoanalysis of your familial relationships.     I do understand about you wanting the cake to be for the party and not to be taken to school.  I understand your niece's pride in wanting to show it off to her peers too.   In any case, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.  :(  Know that you did a wonderful for your niece, though. :)
My, oh my, how the tone of this website has changed.   Back before I got supremely bored here and quit participating for a year (or two?), anyone who did anything less than bow down and worship ALL of the work, ethics, and actions of the decorators here were labeled as bullies.  All anyone could do was offer lavish praise and sprinkle delicious Disco Dust on all of their sweet candy-coated words of sunshiny bullsh*t.     So the business forum now allows for honest...
Yes, if it's sat overnight and is still not black, add more color.  :)
I just use Americolor Super Black and get a true black with no problem.  You've got to let the color develop for a little while.  It will develop from a deep charcoal to black if you've used enough color.  If you try to get jet black immediately, you'll use way too much color.
 That is awesome.  I understand it is quite an expensive venture to get the FDA to declare something food safe.  Now if only Wilton sold these wires wholesale and per gauge!Oh no, not at all...I was just aware that they claim the floral tape they sell is food safe, and I was going to call them and ask them for their source of this food safe floral tape.  I'm skeptical but I hope they can actually show me that the manufacturer of the floral tape they resell has it labeled...
Can you show me where on the Wilton site that is claims their floral tape is food safe?  I went here: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=6BFB621E-1E0B-C910-EAC1494C15C26981  and it mentions nothing about it. I was afraid you were going to show me TBK's claim that they sell food-safe floral tape.  I'll be getting back to you on that.
 If you are doing an arrangement, it must be wired.  If you are doing a few single roses or calla lillies, a toothpick or cocktail stick (which is a little longer but still as slender as a toothpick) is perfectly fine. Floral tape is just as bad as exposed wire. If it is not a food-grade or medical-grade object, it does NOT go directly into cake.   Please share your source.  I have never heard of food-grade floral tape, but if it truly exists, I will become its biggest...