Posts by Cakepro

Pretty much.   I can't take credit for it being my original idea, but am glad you were able to get those pesky things to work better.  :)
Probably the same way we use it in our wonderfully hot Gulf Coast weather...in air conditioning.  ;)
Thank you, Lisa...that's very helpful!  I will watch your class soon and certainly before ordering a new airbrush.  I used a Grex at a cake show a few years ago but forgot all about that brand!
So nearly every day, it seems, someone refers back to a cake I previously made for them or a cake they had at so-and-so's party/wedding/event...and stupid me, I now have years worth of order forms piled up there, roughly organized by month.  I am tired of wasting my time shuffling through tons of paper order forms looking for whatever details I need and it's time to bite the bullet and enter everything into a database of some sort.   This isn't my thang, though.  I am...
I've always used the Candy Melts in the metal pan.  Refrigerate until it is needed or an hour minimum, as 20 minutes for Wilton Candy Melts is not enough time...and it will just pop right out, easy peasy lemon squeezy.   Chocolate only gets pissed off if water gets in it while melted.  Condensation does nothing to hardened chocolate except evaporate off with no issues.
Exactly what kind of test strip do you have that tests for moisture in your baked cakes?  I'm intrigued.   I've only had one lady do to me what your customer is doing to you, and even though I KNOW the cake was moist, I gave her back half of her money and made her sign a waiver that the issue was settled.  I just didn't want her doing a chargeback on a $150 cake and risking losing all of the money.  But I know that cake was excellent.  I hope you are able to get her off...
Hi!   Does anyone have any experience with CK's new "Squeeze Gel Colors?"  I've used CK gel colors in the past (not the ones they are describing as a new product) and it always seemed to require much more of the CK product to get a deep color as compared with Americolor.    Thanks!
Hi Lisa,   I purchased your Craftsy class and can't wait to have some time to watch it!  I was wondering (if this is already not addressed in your class) what airbrush you recommend.  I would like to purchase a new one (gun only) and keep my current (very troublesome) Airbrush City one just for pearl spray.  Iwata has often been recommended by colleagues but they have quite a few different models and I don't know which would be ideal for cake work.  I would appreciate...
I posted this identical cake and request for the border mold half a year ago!   There is not a single mold (too bad) but the original artist used jewels from First Impressions Molds' jewel mold mats and created her own border on this gorgeous cake.
I'm in!   Perhaps the guilty bakeries themselves should be notified as well, in a spirit of gentle encouragement to not feed their clients inedible stuff.   Because if all "non-toxic" things were okay to be used on food, a cupcake with shavings of real crayons and a lovely topping of Elmer's glue would make an adorable school-themed cupcake.  A Pink Pearl eraser could be the topper.   For accountants, we could do cupcakes topped with pencil shavings, eraser doodles...