Posts by GabRoc

Hey everyone!   I am doing a 3 tier round for this weekend (12, 10, 8), and am playing with the idea of stacking them all to one side (sort of like a staircase) rather than centered symetrically.  I partly want to do this because I have a couple of fondant figurines that I'd like to put on the tiers, and there won't be much room with a traditional stack.  Also, it's for a 1 year old's birthday party, and I thought a non-traditional stack might make the cake seem a...
By the way, I just noticed your user name.  My last name is Rocco.  Too funny!
Try dusting him with powdered food coloring... a little goes a long way.  Cocoa powder seems like it also could work.
Well, you have several options.First of all, cover it with cling wrap as much as you can to help it from drying out. Sponge cake is a pretty hearty cake, so you'd probably be good for about 24 hours... though the sooner the better of course. If it's going to be more than that, you can clingwrap it and stick it in the fridge or freezer. Chilled cakes are MUCH easier to carve and to crumb coat, so I tend to do this with my cakes anyway. But word to the wise, you want to...
In my experience, rice crispy treats are MUCH easier to work with than cake pops. I suppose it's worth a try though... but if it were me, I'd have RCT's on hand as a backup.