Posts by Sarahoza

Wildgirl, Go for it. Surprise yourself. Take yourself to its up most level and challenge it. You still have a lot of time so you can practice, practice and practice. I think your cake would be an extremely sweet gesture for both the sick wife and the husband and I'm sure it will lift both their spirits that in spite of all of the hardships they're facing they're still together and celebrating it. Investing on the dvd would mean investing on yourself. I'm sure you'll do...
Aaaah wonder when will the day when I say the same thing come ^_^I live in a very hot and humid city (Aden, Yemen), therefore, AC is always on whenever I work on a cake. So do you recommend that I let the cake come to a cool rather than cold temperature before icing it? Also after icing it and before covering with fondant?? I was thinking of what Arlene suggested (to finish the cake a day in advance) but I'm worrying about 2 points please help me if you have any thoughts....
sammyj, Best of luck, I know how you'r feeling . I'll keep you in my prayers that both our cakes come out perfect and extremely beautiful . In my country we don't have cake decorating shops so I basically have to either ship from another country or have what I need to be custom made and I don't have enough dowels . That's why I was think of alternatives........ straws. Thank you for your post
denetteb,I'm relaxed now...... but on the due date I know I'll freak out, I know myself , but I'm really more comfortable and confident after reading all of these beautiful ladies' posts cause now I have more knowledge than I had before. I feel like I know a lot more about preparing wedding cakes and so I feel more confident. The thing with dowels is that I don't have enough for 3 tiers and so I would have to have it custom made, that's why I'm not so confident about...
Wildgirl,Anything to achieve this goal You're right, "your eye is the most critical" as long as it is only me that notices such faults . It is soooo true though, I always can tell what exactly did I do wrong and how I could have a void it while others would like the cake. But still I'm always aiming for that flawless cake <3
Wildgirl,From all your posts I decided to get the SPS even if my life depends on it Thank you
lupini, That's a beautiful cake. Thank you for your suggestion the Wilton cake separator plates seem like a good idea as well. I'll try to get it further into the future when my business blooms more (hopefully ).Regarding Wilton's buttercream, it's what I first learnt when I took the cake decorating courses, but to be honest none of my family liked its taste nor how sweet it is, so I decided that I won't serve it to my customers cause some can really be picky . That's why...
chasingmytail,Yes, I believe you are right. I'll most definitely do so. I'll bake and freeze a test cake, then if it works I'll bake all the rest to give me more peace of mind . Great idea to go to the wedding hall with one instead of two tiers assembled to be more careful and precise. So you don't advice me to use straws for a 3-tier cake?? I simply believe that straws are more hygienic and unlike wooden dowels they won't have any wood fragments coming out when contacted...
sweettreat101,So many wonderful tips, can't thank you enough. I'll check tonedna's video and see if I can get a hold of such dowels. I'll take chasingmytail advice regarding going to the wedding hall with one tier placed on the cake board and assemble the other 2 at the hall (the hall & I are practically neighbors ) I'm doing it on purpose to have one thing less to worry about. All of you wonderfully explained how I can insert the long dowel inside the cake and I will do...
Arlene, that's scary .........the cake is very simple so it shouldn't be a problem unless I mess it up ..... Yes, I can't get a hold of SPS, but since craigas was kind enough to say (and all of you agreed the same) that if I'm going to assemble the cake in the wedding hall, (which is 5 minutes or less away from my house, I live around a number of the popular wedding halls in my city ^_^) then I don't need to place the long dowel (lucky me ) and to finish the cake one day...