Posts by klamb17

Dani,Maybe I am not putting enough p/s in my marshmallows. I guess that's why its so stretchy and like silly putty..lol. But I did keep adding p/s until it looked like the mm wouldn't take anymore. I had a 10oz bag of mm and used maybe 1.5 lbs of p/s.Thanks for everyone's help! Karen
Thanks, I will sure try it out. Now this fondant will not be sticky like MMF right? I am thinking that it won't be because it's not marshmallows.
Maria, what's MFF?
Don't you just love the video's that show nice MMF rolled out that looks soooo nice and it just perfectly covers a cake and looks great? NOT!!! I have had nothing but disasters with MMF! I am throwing the MM out! I even let it sit over night and it still is yucky, to sticky, way to stretchy, even crisco doesn't work long. I try to roll it out on the counter, sticks, I tried a little sugar, cornstarch, and crisco...nothing works. By the time I finally roll it out it would...
Thanks for all the support I knew that cake was doomed from the beginning when it cracked, and it went all down hill from there, lol, and I just remembered I forgot to put the salt in the buttercream..lol.The buttercream recipe I am using calls for unsalted butter, vanilla, salt, milk, conf.sugar, and I think thats it. It's really good but it just doesn't taste good with ganache. The ganache is just ghirardelli with heavy cream. Is there a better chocolate bar and...
So I am a beginner at making cakes. I think I am learning more about things going wrong that right! I have made MMF before and it turned out great. Anyway I tried a new recipe that called for 1/2 cup crisco in the mix. I thought this sounded odd, but I tried it, and I hated it!!! I had my cake cooled shaped and dirty iced, ready for a nice topping of fondant. HA not! The fondant was soooo pliable I could not roll it without it breaking and stretching way to much. It was...
I have a picture of the cake in my album, it's the Chocolate cake with the shoe. You can see the ganache was not thick enough. Better luck next time!
I made some modeling chocolate today and it turned out great. I started to color it after it sat for 2-3 hrs at room temp. It worked well when I needed light colors, but when I needed to keep adding the coloring it became greasy. How do I make dark colors without the chocolate and oils separating? I am using wilton candy colors because it has an oil base. And once the modeling chocolate gets greasy, will it go back to being a nice and "clay" texture as before? I want to...
Thanks for the help! I guess from watching videos of people making ganache it looks like it gets thick kinda fast. I was sooo disappointed the first time I made it lol. I am goint to give it another shot tonight.
By the wayI think I was using bakers chocolate which I think that is the reason I had the problem.