Posts by Corinne77

I would flavor the cake - not the candy melts. I make peppermint flavored cake pops over Xmas and they turn out amazing with the extract in the cake mix. (Just a tiny bit!!)
I've had this problem before and find it has nothing to do with using icing, which I always do. For me, it was using cake recipes that have oil in them. I only bake from scratch - never use box recipes. I have just adjusted my recipes - I use butter instead of oil. It takes a little tweeking to get the perfect flavor, but it has helped.Also, make sure the cake pops or cake balls are cool when you're dipping them - not too cold or the chocolate will crack once it dries....
Hi - I'm looking for a new oven for my kitchen. It will be used almost equally for cooking dinners for my family and for my small home baking business. Should I get a convection oven?? Also, how about double ovens? Are they worth it? Any advice would be so helpful!!Thanks!
Thanks Sofia! My mom lives over in Alexandria, so maybe I could give her a little babysitting time once a month I'll check out the cake club.
Definitely! I also found Cookology in or near the Dulles Town Center! They have a lot of classes, too, and pretty cheap. There is another place in Bethesda that looks a little more professional. I'm originally from NOVA so pretty familiar with all the areas...was hoping to avoid too many trips into DC. I'm about to be a new mom (in about 6 weeks) and a stay at home one, at that. I haven't NOT worked since I was 16, so I am going to need something to do, just for me. ...
Thanks Annie! I'm certainly not too good for Wilton classes, but I'm also looking for something more advanced. I guess I'm just spoiled by being so close to NYC, there is so much so close!!! I've taken some Wilton classes, but will definitely look at Michael's to see what they've got.
Hi!! I'm moving from NYC where there are great classes that I can take for baking, decorating, fondant, sugar gum paste flower making, etc, etc... I'm moving to Loudoun County VA (Leesburg) and couldn't find much on google. Does anyone know of a good place to take some classes??
Thank you everyone! This is just what I thought. I just wanted to be sure. I disclosed all to the client. Thanks again!
If I am making something for someone that has a peanut allergy and I have used almond extract in my mixing bowl in the past, but all equipment has been run through the HOT dishwasher, is it ok to use it??? I don't have any peanuts in my house and won't use any nut related ingredients in the recipes.Please help!!!Thanks!!!
Thank you again! That purple is one I think she will like. I'll run it past her if my other cups don't work.THANKS!!