Posts by Corinne77

I have heard $500 per year is a pretty good average for liability insurance. It's worth it just for the peace of mind. I'll be getting it once I'm up and running!!
Pros? Cons? What do you think about it? Is there any other software out there that you use to track spending, expenses, profits? How about with help on pricing?   Thanks in advance!
Thanks! The Tylose seemed to work pretty well. This isn't too bad for my first try...except that I didn't have any of my gel colors to make him the proper colors.  
I'm trying my hand at some fondant animal figures. My first attempt is a giraffe. It's not too tough, but I can't seem to get the neck to stay up and long. The weight of the fondant is too much (and the neck is not that high). Is this because I am only using fondant? Do I need to add tylose powder so that it dries quicker?   Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
Can anyone give some pointers on how to make this? I have a friend who would like this for her husband's 40th and I've never done anything like it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to cake decorating but seem to be able to turn out pretty decent cakes, so I'm willing to try this. TIA!!
Looks great! Thanks!!!
Hi - I'm interested in purchasing an airbrush kit. I don't do a lot of baking/decorating, but do want to start trying new things. So, I'm looking for something that is good for beginners & is inexpensive (but good quality). Can anyone recommend something?   Thanks!
Thank you Jason_Kraft! Your response makes sense.   As a new "Business" baker, I frequently come to cake central to ask for the opinions, advice and help from those with more expertise. (Yes, I am making my business legal...zoning, inspection, insurance, etc...).  Most members are amazingly kind and generous with their responses and posts. BakingIrene, your post offered none of the above so I'm not really sure why you took the time to post anything at all. I'm just...
How about a fondant bow? I know it's a little elementary, but the customer wants that. That might work??
THANK YOU!!! I'm glad you told me that! So, there's no good way to do a 2 tiered cake to serve 60? 3 tiers seems scary to me  Though, I'm sure I can do it if I had to....