Posts by Corinne77

Thanks! My sister has a set that are a little more cutesy than I wanted, but that's what I'm going with. I saw a little "How To" on Global Sugar Arts website, too.   Thank you again!! 
I want to write or cut out or whatever...a baby's name for a cake. I've tried a cricut cake and hated it. Cutters are too big. I'm not awesome at piping the letters. Is there a trick or tip that someone can give me. I just want to write (simple font) on a plaque. Similar to the below picture. (Cake by Erica O'Brien)   THANK YOU!  
I have to cover a 10" x 4" hexagon cake with black fondant (the worst!!) Any advice. Any time I've covered with black, it's disastrous. Thinking about panels, but never did that before. Please help. Working with FondX Elite black. Thanks!!
What tool can you not live without when decorating your cakes? Just trying to see if there are tools out there that I'm missing out on.   Thanks!
I'm worried that when I frost and cover the 3 layers with fondant that it will be so heavy that it will fall or I'm picturing it just crushing down on itself.
I'm making a two tier cake and I think both tiers need to be 3 layers. I'm worried the bottom tier (9" rounds) will fall on itself because it's too heavy. It's a pretty heavy chocolate cake...not too dense. Any suggestions? Am I worrying for no reason?   TIA!!!
My standard chocolate cake recipe, along with my standard yellow cake recipe worked out perfectly!!
I'll definitely post pictures. Honestly, the chocolate cake recipe is off of allrecipes.com. It's called One Bowl Chocolate cake. It's pretty standard, but we get SO many compliments and requests for it. We do change it up a bit with some special ingredients every now and then :-)
Thanks to you both! I like the zebra look (and the outside of the cake is going to be leopard, so it's a perfect idea!)   I think I will just stick to my two different cakes...my chocolate cake is to die for. My butter yellow is good, too, but the chocolate...I don't want to change it!   Thanks again!
I have a request for a standard marble cake. Can I just use my butter yellow cake recipe and my chocolate cake recipe and swirl them together? They bake in approximately the same time.   Thanks in advance for your help!!