Posts by susieq01

I hope to try them out today. I will send pics then.
Hello All, As a NEW newbie, needless to say my supplies are very limited. I have looked online numerous times for some inexpensive impression mats with no luck and plenty of frustration. So the search was on to look for something more affordable at Hobby Lobby. No success there either until I was looking for something entirely different.I stumbled on some texture plates for the Fiskar's Embossing System. There are 6 plates with textures on both sides (hearts, stones,...
Oh my goodness. I have tried to practice making figures and can't make a round ball without huge cracks like you posted. I am frustrated beyond belief. I have tried using Crisco and that didn't help. I have tried half gum paste and half fondant - nope. I have tried with and without coloring - nope. I have tried working it longer and shorter - nope.I have been patient until it needs to be thrown across the room. Not sure my patients will hold out much longer.
Oh my goodness. I have tried to practice making figures and can't make a round ball without huge cracks like you posted. I am frustrated beyond belief. I have tried using Crisco and that didn't help. I have tried half gum paste and half fondant - nope. I have tried with and without coloring - nope. I have tried working it longer and shorter - nope.I have been patient until it needs to be thrown across the room. Not sure my patients will hold out much longer.