Posts by bnj2377

Does anyone know a talented graphic designer they can refer to do a business package? I'm looking for logo design, stationery, web graphics/iconography, etc.Thanks!
Hi folks! Can anyone suggest a scratch white cake recipe that is oil based (versus butter)? I've tried looking on here but most of the recipes seem to start from a box mix. No knock to those who prefer to start with a mix but I prefer scratch so I'd like to find a scratch recipe. ) The cake needs to be able to hold up as a tier on a stacked cake as well as be covered with fondant. The reason I'm looking for an oil based cake is that I want it to 'seem' more moist shortly...
Thank you so very much for the tip rowantree! I checked out Joe's site and it's fantastic.
I am making a cake that I am filling with layers of fresh mango filling and also a layer of mango mousse. Does anyone have a reliable recipe for mango mousse that will hold up in a layer cake. The cake will also be covered with fondant.Thanks! This cake is due February 4th so any quick feedback is appreciated!
Hi fellow cakers! I am doing a cake as a gift for a friend's daughter. She's having the party at a local kid's gymnasium that does karate, gymnastics and rock climbing. She's said that I have open reign (which actually makes it more difficult...LOL). I'm thinking of doing something that aligns with the location but am stumped. I thought of doing a cake with a kid on top of a balance beam, a kid climbing a rock wall and a kid in a karate pose. But is that too literal? Any...
Hi folks! Sorry if this question is elsewhere on the forum, I tried looking and couldn't find anything. I am seriously considering starting a part time cake decorating business but, part-time or not, I want to do everything right. So I am spending the next month or two researching everything involved and determining how I would go about it. That includes doing the appropriate up front research on the market and competition pricing. Here's a question I have though: "What is...