Posts by experimenting

I'm reevaluating my pricing structure and even though I will be sticking with price per cake, vs. price per serving, I would like to know where $12.50/person comes from. I've looked at several different cutting guides and the smallest # of servings for a 6" cake is 8 (Earlene's), which would come out to $9.38/serving for a $75 cake. Doing the math, I can see that 6 servings would come out to $12.50/serving, but what cutting guide does that come from?   Also, where does...
Thank you for pointing this out! I will look into it.   Thank you for this pricing structure suggestion! I think I will go ahead and change it to this or something similar.   Thanks so much for the compliment! It means a lot coming from someone as talented as you.   You didn't miss it - I do not have cookie prices up yet. Thank you so much for the compliments!   I understand what you're saying and where your concern comes from. I've expressed the same concerns to my...
Thanks so much for looking! I have to give my husband credit for the photography. I'm a lucky caker to be married to a photojournalist  I do like how the image viewer turned out. Great suggestion for my contact information and checking touch devices. I will make the change and I will check the site from my iPhone (don't have an ipad).          
  Thanks CWR41. I'm working on it. I've tried retyping and just redoing the whole thing and that first quotation mark is still coming out that way. It's just that one spot on the entire website with quotation marks. Maybe I should just italicize it? I'll experiment with other fonts too.
@ jason_kraft: thank you for the feedback! I took out the minimum cake order line. I reduced the text on the home page and added an "about us" page. I can't do anything with the navigation buttons though besides the color. I tried changing the size, but the site I'm using won't let me - at least not with the theme I'm using. @CWR41: thank you for taking the time to look through my page! I made the edits you suggested. However, the quotation marks are a puzzle. My husband...
@tabathaba: Thank you! I wanted to stay away from pricing by serving size. As a customer, this always confused me since different decorators go by different cutting guides. My prices are based off of my cost of ingredients, my overhead, and my time. Customers can cut it however they want. If I wanted to break it down by serving, my price/serving would go down the bigger the cake. Is the resulting pricing table too odd? Should I give some serving size examples? I do...
I've seen others get some great feedback on their website from the lovely people of Cake Central, so I thought I'd give it a try  The website address is somewhat temporary. I had my brother in-law start a website for me at mysweetcosette.com, but is unable to complete it for me at the moment. I went ahead and started a different site on my own that was free and easy to set up. I just wanted something up until he can complete the original website, which should be much...
Thank you FullHouse!  That's a good point about insurance. I hadn't even thought of it that way.
Thank you SugaredSaffron!
Can you make ganache with different chocolates? Here's what I have: 8 oz. bittersweet 60% cacao 7 oz. intense dark 72% cacao 6 oz. intense dark 86% cacao 7 oz. dark 70% cacao   Or would it be best to use all the same, or at least the same % cacao?