Posts by experimenting

Okay, I got a hold of Wildbrain Entertainment and they are a-okay with people doing Yo Gabba Gabba cakes! She said that they even encourage it and welcome fans to post their cakes to their pinterest page. The only time they have a problem with it is if a chain bakery were to do it. WalMart, Safeway? I even asked if it was okay for me to post the cake to my website. She asked if it would be the only cake that would be posted... I said that it would be among other pictures...
Thanks for the tip Jason! I will give them a call then.   Who said I wasn't going to sell it to him? 
Aw, that's too bad. This is for my son's 4th birthday next month :( If I don't get a response, I guess I'll be using bought cake toppers or toys... or just not post the pics! I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Did you have any luck? I just emailed them from the "contact us" link on their website requesting permission.
Thanks so much everyone!   raniafayed: Thank you! My husband used edible pens for most of the koi and americolor gels mixed with vodka for everything else.   liz at sugar: Thank you! The expo went fantastic! I got a lot of great feedback, a handful of brides wrote their names in my book to be contacted, and I've given out a handful of requested quotes. The most important thing I think is that I made some great vendor contacts. One florist put me on her website as...
Thanks so much everyone!   Good luck this weekend Elcee!
I went to a seminar put on by the host of the wedding expo I went to recently. He went over expo tips, but also general marketing strategies. He said that twitter is the most successful brand platform for small businesses. It's the top source of news in America today. 65% of users check into twitter daily, while 55% of users DON'T check into facebook daily. (Sorry, I can't site my source - he had it at the seminar, but I can't find it right now. I might email him to find...
I came on here seeking advice on doing a wedding expo several weeks ago and received great info. from everyone here and just wanted to report back on how it went. My expo was 2 weekends ago and I'm so happy I did it.   First off, I went to a seminar put on by the sponsor of the event the Monday before and it was very helpful. He went over general things on what to do and what not to do based off of their many years of experience doing these expos. I also met a few...
Thanks so much for all the positive feedback everyone! This gives me more confidence to price the way I feel we should for his talent. You're right, Apti. I am a bit shy about being new and working out of my home. I'll just need to work on gettting past it :/ I hope you're right Enga about us getting clients after the expo! Fingers crossed! Annabakescakes - I've heard that story before. Thanks for posting it. It sums up some discussions my husband and I have had about...