Posts by siuingme

Hi, I'm Yvonne...and I'm a crack cake addict.It started 2 months a go....before this I was scrapbooking and card making. It was hard to stop.I kept buying everything about scrapbooking, those aren't cheap. I tried so hard to stop...and tried to bake cake something I never did well.I found good recipe and started decorate.....aaaarrrrggghh...addicted. I have lots of stuffs about cake. And still (feel) need more. I keep saying to myself...one day I'll receive order for...
I'm using "The Mat" from Sweet Wise to roll my fondant and cover my cake. And using the blue Ateco mat when I'm working with small amount fondat or gumpaste while decorating. Because I live in small apartment and use my dining table (wood) as my work table. The Mat and Ateco Mat really help me and keep my table clean
Hi Smore4us,More often you use "The Mat" the easier...more flexible.
I love "The Mat"...I bought a few months a go. You won't be sorry..because you can work easily, cleaner and faster with " The Mat".
I'm just a hobby baker. I have Wilyon leveler with wire...not perfect cut but not bad, until I made a 12x12 cake. I realized, I had to use my bread knife..so, I tried what I watch in Youtube, Kathy from Sweetwise. She made torte the cake looked easy. Nop for me...definitely not easy, but I even never can cut bread level. So, the knife is good..my hand is the problem.I watch Kathy demoing big Wilton Leveler. Looks nice, I almost buy in local store..almost $30. I decided to...
And I mailed with USPS Flat Rate box.
Actually ! I mailed a cake from HI to PA...arrived in 3 days in perfect conditionThis the cake :http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2181356But the cake inside was fruit cake.
LOL !!! You made my day...
I'm newbie....my DH used to work in bakery when he was in college. So, yes he can bake too... .I'm using crust buttercream even tough my DH refer me to make SMBC. I'm just too chicken because we live in Hawaii without A?C in apartment.I have many recipe about SMBC, I think I'll make SMBC in my birthday..because my cake design not to cover with fondant from top like usual..but separate top and side.Btw, first time I made BC from shortening used Crisco..taste too sweet....
I live in Hawaii...can't remember how many times I went to Global Sugar Art and tried to buy many good stuff. I had to cancel, because the shipping and handling. I'm a newbie in this decorating world but I like to buy many stuff to help me make a nice cake. So, this time this is hobby...I don't get money from this and I'm only a housewive. I just can't spend too much money for those stuff I want.Please think about us, and since people like me maybe no need fast....please...