Posts by hieperdepiep

Hi Susan, Being with your loved ones is more important now in this difficult time. Hold each other close!You ┬┤ll be in my thoughts!
Freezing fondant is not a problem, just wrap it good. But the shelf life is so long you wouldn't probably need it. On a cake it will be fine too.Thaw it in de frigde, in a carton box. The condensation water then will be absorbed by the carton and will not melt the fondant. Unfreezing can take up to 24 hours. The last bit of water on the fondant will evaporate once outside the frigde.The cake inside is more of a concern regarding to freezing...
Thanks! France has this magical power to draw people. Youre doughter will love it. We're lucky to live close by. But I suppose every country has its own beauty. I would love to go to the states some day.I actually love to have not much thickener in, for say, my orange curd. I love the silky structure it then has, almost runny, waiting for me to catch it just before it falls off the cake on the plate. I just put eggs and butter in it for thickening. A personal preference I...
Thanks scp1127, just what I was hoping for. This will get me through my summer at the beach and vacantion in France this summer. I found the web sometimes difficult for searching. You actually have to be quite intelligent to get some reliable information out of all the huddle. Althougt internet seems to be a medium to get information equally spread amongst all people, educated or not, it sometimes seems it can become a disadventage when you know too little. I like those...
Just my 5 cents:Statistics can go above 100% when respondents where allowed to mark more than1 answer, which was probably the case. Although I have no desire to built a business, it is interesting that hardly any respondent finds their professional by an add. Was the questionnaire scientificly proof? Or were the respondents found under the magazine readers, maybe a poll on their website? Then even the magazine readers themselves don't respond to the adds. Well it is not...
Yes, that is actually true. It's probably not all about the hygiene as I stated. Althought that will help as well. You can taste the difference, see it even by eye: milk looks creamier when brought to a simmer. It is probably the protienstructure that changes?SCP1127; I love to read about the scientific part of baking. Do you have any reference by chance, books you know about that?
The IMBC is a mixture of water end fat, wich normally wouldn't mix together, but under the right circumstances; temperature, amounts and beating it does. It only can handle a little twist or it will break again. Maybe your chocolate was too warm, so it melted the IMBC, and after cooling the chocolate was too cold to get to the right consistency. Or it would have come together with longer beating. Maybe..
The eggs cannot be boiled to boiling waterpoint, unless you want scrambles eggs , but for hygiene and duration it is good to cook the milk first.
Congrats on your granddaugter to be! What an exiting time for you!I would make it out of fondant (marzipan) too and just like Blakescakes said store so it won't dry out and become hard.Or else, when you want it to dry: put it on a flexible ground, like plastic mat and dry it in the outside of the cakepan you will use for the cake. It will have the exact curve you need.
Mjam mjam..I think custard is indeed a very all over europe style of dish from flan in Spain to our Dutch pudding. I did it the other way around, lately. Let the custard cool on a cold plate, foil covered. Then start up the MBC and as soon that is fluffy mix in the custard. But maybe that is more the recipe of an enriched MBC, than yours , what is more of a creme mousseline I think, such a good filling! Creme mousseline sounds better when selling.. (or is it because we had...