Posts by TheCakeShopUK

Like most site builders it does have its limitations. But as you can create a free site on moonfruit. Have a go and see how it feels.   As long as you have a direction in mind in where you want to go with it, you will soon learn how it works. They now support HTML5 (more accessible on ipads, mobiles etc) which is a huge plus. When you want to take the plunge and and upgrade from a free account to a full one the option is there. If you already have a domain registered...
We use gocardless.com as a preferred method over Paypal. It does take a bit longer than paypal as it uses direct debit but their charge fee is minimal in comparison and we have had no complaints regarding this service. Hope that this helps.
Thanks again for all the feedback. It has been a great help over the last couple of frustrating days. This will go down as a learning experience on  how not to budge on your own policies, as even a little wiggle room over the length of the ordering process can quickly build up to be a major hassle.   The customer was emailed yesterday and as of yet has not replied (knock on wood). So hopefully that should be the end of it. The email I sent is below. In case it is of...
The payment we use is gocardless.com. I found the admin cost paypal were charging was a little much. Where as these only take 1% admin fee with a limit of £2.00 per transaction. The only downside compared to paypal is they are not as quick to process the payments. Usually within 7 days. All previous payments have been dealt with between 5-6 days, That's why it felt strange seeing this one take over a week.
Further developments Payment finally received (wahey) - odd that out of all our orders this one took the longest. Great replies above, how tempting to send them unedited.   Had a quick word with the manager at the restaurant, a little bit hesitant to talk about it as he did not want to get involved. Assured them that it would not be passed on. Turns out that, the cake was kept in a carrier bag and not a box as originally stated. Not ideal for the 1 hour drive to...
Thanks for the newer responses, it really helps with the frustration of the situation. This is the smallest and lowest cost cake we have taken on and seems to be taking up more of our time. lol   With the payment of the order. It is only a hunch at the moment, as it is unusual that this is the only payment that is taking a little longer than norm. According to the payment company the funds are waiting to be transferred to our account, but they too thought it was...
Thanks for your response Relznik, From what I can tell from her email I am only assuming the cake was for the Sunday. That is why I would like her to clarify when it was due to be served. As it was baked Wednesday evening, decorated Thursday for Friday delivery.   Your email extract is pretty much what I had in mind to tell her when she finally responds. Without having the cake back, our hands are tied. I can't see giving a discount off her next order being an option.
Thanks for all the replies. The contacting of the restaurant is one of the first things I would like to do. However, I do not know which one it is. So I will have to contact her first to get the details and the rest of the info then get back to her.   The issue with the payment was a bit close. The funds were withdrawn and received by the online payment company  on the Wednesday and were scheduled to be released to us on the Friday. I was hoping that like previous...
Hello fellow cakers, could really do with some second opinions. A bit long, but I hope not too much. Apologies if it is.   We received an order for a chocolate golf birthday cake with one weeks notice. We have a 7 day notice policy so this customer just got the order in time.   The original quote was for £55 for a fully decorated cake with topper. She stated that it was outside her budget, so we redesigned the cake to make it doable for £40. There were several...
New site is now live and at http://www.cakeshopworthing.co.uk/. Going to run both for the time being and phase the old one out.   If you can spend a minute to have a quick look and let me know what you think, it would be greatly appreciated.