Posts by DonnaOK

Thank you Carmjiok!  I could point out that luster dust also states on the label it is not edible, but a lot of people use it on their cakes (myself included). It's not my business what anyone else chooses to use on their cakes.  I've done a lot of cakes in my time over a 12 year period.  I chose to use a product that someone else might not use.  They might use something that I would never use.  I'm sure you see what I mean.  Thanks again for your kind words.   
Sheri- While I understand your point, you could of handled it a lot better.  I would never have gone on your cake photo, that you worked so hard on, and pointed out how unethical you were running your business.  I would of sent you a letter and asked if you were aware that it wasn't edible.  I am always about helping others in the industry....that's how I got my start.  I believe in helping each other, not making someone feel bad.  I understand you might not of been...
Sadly Cakepro, you could have handled this a lot better.  She is referring to me and the cake that I posted.  To say that I am unethical in the comment that you left on my cake, is sad, and this is why I tend to shy away from boards.  You could of sent me a message and told me your stance, instead of broadcasting it in a very rude manner.  I don't sit in judgement on how you run your business, nor would I ever.  I am sure if I dug deep enough, I could find where you have...
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned liability insurance as well.  I carry mine through State Farm, and there are venues in certain cities that require you to have it.  We just had a new one open up here, and not only did I have to have a million dollar policy (which is what mine has always been), I also had to show proof of $500,000 in automobile liability.  I had never had to do that before.    Also, have you thought about polishing your skills at another bakery,...
This is my chance posting here in Cake Central, and I have not had a chance to read all of the replies....but wanted to tell you not to give up.  Caking is ten times harder than anyone would ever dream.  I've been at it for awhile now, and I think each of us will attest that you learn as you go.    First, I am not sure anyone mentioned this, but be really careful with FB contests.  They used to have very specific rules about doing contests.  To the point where they...