Posts by AKmomto4

I said I would come back and post a pic but my computer was having issues so I'm just now getting to it. It's not exactly how I had envisioned but I was pretty happy with it and the Bride and Groom loved it so that is what matters. :)  Thank you soo much for all of your advice!  p.s. there are a lot more pics in my gallery.      
No Walmart or any chain stores but I'm sure I could find a box somewhere. Awesome tips thanks!
I love the water effect on this cake but wasn't able to find a tutorial or any instructions on the process. Do you think I could replicate this by covering the board in turquoise, piping globs of royal icing using a paintbrush to drag some out a little, let dry and then brush with a very light blue piping gel? Also any idea how to recreate such a realistic fish? Thanks!http://cakes.keyartstudio.com/cake-blog/item/98-fishing-and-hunting-cake.html
Thank you so much for your help! I have made two and one three tiered cakes do yes I will definitely be doweling. Not sure how to transfer the cake though. My husband said they are getting married at a place that is about a 30 minute drive on kind of a bumpy road. The cake will be three tiers with a waterfall going down the cake and a bunch of woodsy/animal accents. I have heard to take the tiers apart to travel but not sure how I could do that without messing up the...
Thank you! I will purchase a 12" pan and make a three tier.
I bake/decorate just for fun but word has been getting out so I've been getting several orders. A friend of my husbands wants me to make their wedding cake. I live on an island in Alaska without access to most decorating/baking supplies and the date is August 11th so I don't have a whole lot of time to order. So they want a two tier cake that will serve 80 people. I have three 10x2 pans, two 9x2 and one 6x3 all round pans. What sizes should a make to serve 80 but also...
Thanks I got the cupcakes done and put them all in the fridge, tightly wrapped with plastic wrap. I used to always put my fondant covered, decorated cakes in the fridge/freezer but the last time some of the decorations were hand painted with food coloring gels and when the cake came to room temp the sweating made it run like crazy. Thankfully it was for my son's 1st Birthday and I had already taken pics. I'm trying to prevent anything from getting ruined by a sweating...
Someone advice please!!
I normally only decorate cakes for fun but I got asked to donate a cake to a charity auction and an order for 36 fondant disk topped cupcakes for a baby shower. I made the toppers about a week ago, still have a couple more to do and small details to add but I read they should have drying time so I hope I was right in doing that. I also baked all the cupcakes ahead of time and froze them. They are getting picked up Sat. at 9 a.m. I am wondering when I should thaw,...
I found a vanilla bean recipe on this site that had good reviews, I made a test batch for cupcakes last weekend and the turned out awesome, everybody loved them!! I have a two tiered (11 inch on bottom 6 in on top) birthday cake due on Saturday that was a cake I donated for a fundraiser auction. She wants the whole thing to be vanilla so I wanted to use this same awesome recipe. When I went to mix it up I realized that last time I only put in 1 c. of vanilla creamer (I...