Posts by THECAKEBAR

Hey guys, got a request for a femal torso cake w/boobs and va-j-j... first time for me .. would like to know who's done one, how much you've charged, and a great tute on it. Also, they would like GIN in the cake. What flavor cake pairs well with gin? Thanks
SO I SHLD TRACE THE LOGO ON TO PARCHMENT /WAX PAPER ... CUT IT OUT.. THEN LAY THAT ON TOP OF THE FONDANT ..THEN CUT THAT OUT??? DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT??
yes I've done that already ...I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to trace it onto the fondant and cut it out
HELLO CC,IM GOING TO MAKE A BD CAKE FOR A FRIEND AND I WLD LIKE TO PUT THE GUCCI LOGO MADE OF FONDANT, ON TOP OF THE CAKE...? IS, WHAT AND HOW SHLD I DO IT? I HAVE SOME IDEA BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT'S THE BEST AND MOST PRACTICAL WAY .... PLEASE ASSIST ME
thanks for all the advice... I wont go wrong next time
thanks for the tip ... but your recipe has butter as well ... do you use shortening with transfat or 0 transfat?
I used the recipe from the Wilton decorating basics book:1 cup shortening7-8 tsp of milk/water1lb confectioners sugar1 tbls meringue powder (didnt use this) the recipe didnt call for butter ... but I used 1 stick
MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT MAKING BC WAS GOOD.. (SO I THOUGHT) . IT LOOKED GOOD AND TASTED GREAT.. BUT WHEN IT CAME TIME TO ICE THE CAKE IT NEVER CRUSTED OVER ... LEAVING ME UNABLE TO SMOOTH MY CAKE PROPERLY AND UNABLE TO PIPE AN IMAGE FROM TRANSFER PAPER!! TIPS PLEASE !!
THATS A GREAT LEVELING TIP! THANKS
Hello all, today was my first attempt @ cake decorating .. but sadly my BC DID NOT crust over leaving me unable to smooth my cake and transfer and image onto it ... but from reading thru these posts .. I guess I went wrong by using CRISCO w 0 trans fat ...I thought using butter with some transfat would take care of the problem.. ... but i know what to do and what not to do on my next cake... thanks so much!!