Posts by cathyrose

every time i stack two cakes on top of each other i make a dam then fill the inside of that with filling , i then stack it and cover the outside with butter cream however i never get it to look flawless... when its all done and covered with fondant u can see the bump where the two cakes meet. please help .. i am dying for a flawless clean looking cake.. what am i doing wrong.. help..
i posted a pic of the lion and elephant on my cc page... i will post a pic of the giraffe when i make it.. let me know what u think.. thanks again for the advice.
@JanH .... THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH .. i dont know how you found those but awesome, i hae een seaching on google and you tube o days and have not been able to ind anythin, so i thank you ... i will post a pic once i am done...
thanks,,, i will look into all info u guys gave me, i just made a fondant/gumpase elephant and lion, so i guess i can rough out the giraffe.... thanks again
i am in desperate need of a fondant giraffe tutorial .. does anyone know of any so that they can pass the link on... or can anyone pass any info onto me... i need help please......
I especially LOVE the first cake... well i am glad ur cakes traveled well, i will take ur advice and let u know how it went.. it is for dec and it is a safari animal themed cake... i will post a pic and let u know how it went.. thanks so much for all ur advice and info passed on.. have a happy halloween...
ok, thanks, maybe i will change it to a 9 inch , i forgot about the board..so i take it the cake will not shift and damage during fleight, i was more worried about take off as the remainder of the fleight is not sooo bad
we are flying to FL for the weekend it is a 3 hr fleight for my neice, my sister in law asked me to make the cake.. will a 14 inch round cake covered in fondant survive a fleight? i am doing an animal theme, i was going to make the toppers but not apply them to the cake till i got there, i was gona wrap them and pack them in a seperate box. of course i will take the cake on board with me.. so what are your thoughts... yay or nay...
thanks, i had stopped sifting the last 2 batches and that is when i started noticing the problem, so back to sifting i go. i started making the mmf because my son who is five always wanted to eat it and i felt bad cause i used the wilton fondant and to me did not tast good. so i started making the mmf for the flavor.. i also came across the sateen (i think that is what it is called and how it is spelled) and WOW what a difference i love it so much better than wilton......
oh... ok.. there lies my problem i made it, wrapped it and put it in the fridge over night took it out and used it a few hrs ltr... i will try without putting it in the fridge i thought it had to go in for at least a few hrs.. thanks...